Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Margo brings the same pressure will Cotto tire faster with the added weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Margo brings the same pressure will Cotto tire faster with the added weight?

Don't know if Margarito can pressure like he did in the first fight. He wasn't able to do it to Shane or Pac, but they implemented game plans that didn't allow Margarito to pressure them they way he pressured Cotto.

Versus Foreman and Mayorga, Cotto fought at a pace that was comfortable for him. He was able to "do his thing". Against Margarito, this will not be the case. If he can't stop Margarito's pressure, he may be in for it again. If he decides to box, Margarito's gonna have him moving more than he's been used to; he better be in great shape, or the added weight will work against him.

I hope we get another great fight tomorrow night.

He will bring the same pressure, and it will wear down Cotto just the same.
    Devastating body shots and vicious uppercuts will demolish Cotto in front of his fans tomorrow and I can't wait.

Comment

The issue is stamina..cotto still uses landham..no changes in his conditioning=cotto getting tired

Comment

I just dropped 50 on plasterito i got plus 240 on him so i couldnt pass it up,then again i bet on marquez and we all saw what happened there.

Comment

Fight boils down to:

Cotto's suspect stamina, inability to clinch when hurt

VERSUS

Margo's eye condition (depend on ring doctor), suspect power due loaded glove (i think he has power regardless), and Margo's ever slowing foot speed

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            He will bring the same pressure, and it will wear down Cotto just the same.
            Devastating body shots and vicious uppercuts will demolish Cotto in front of his fans tomorrow and I can't wait.
            I REALLY don't want to see this happen, but I could see it being the case. And Cotto's tendency to brawl certainly won't help matters. He's not going to stop Tony. Period.

He's going to have to box, and win a decision. Otherwise, he's basically screwed.

YOU HAVE to box Margarito in order to beat him.

Even then, it's a tall order.

Only Mosley has really put a hurting on him, and Mosley is a big puncher, even at WW. (Granted, not nearly as much so as his days at 130lbs.) A big puncher with an extremely sturdy chin himself. (Which is why I'll never understand why he didn't mix it up with Pacman more. But I think he was there to collect a check, as much as anything else.)

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              I just dropped 50 on plasterito i got plus 240 on him so i couldnt pass it up,then again i bet on marquez and we all saw what happened there.
              Your pesos are safe on Margarito.
              Besides, this won't go to a decision so he can't get robbed like Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                Fight boils down to:

VERSUS

Margo's eye condition (depend on ring doctor), suspect power due loaded glove (i think he has power regardless), and Margo's ever slowing foot speed
                imho cotto has more upside as both stamina and to gain the ability to clinch are easier to be corrected...

Comment

Neither have really added any weight...they both weighed in at 152...it just that they haven't cut as much as they did to make 147 when they fought at welter weight. It should leave less drained and tired.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                    Fight boils down to:

VERSUS

inability to clinch when NOT HURT

The fact he doesnt clinch at all means the fight STAYS at a grueling pace, no breaks. Mosley clinches teh HELL outta margy, he never got any combos off.

Comment

Working...
                    X