No announcement yet.

Pernell Whitaker vs Floyd Mayweather jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    I think it would be a stinker that you wouldn't be able to take your eyes off!
    see "stinker" is also my guts reaction. but a) Pea would be at a reach disadvantage, and he would not be able to just stay at a distance, considering who is the guy with the longer arms, and b) Pbf always fights aggressive against lefties, because he needs to use more offense than defense. The combination of the two has a lot of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
      see "stinker" is also my guts reaction. but a) Pea would be at a reach disadvantage, and he would not be able to just stay at a distance, considering who is the guy with the longer arms, and b) Pbf always fights aggressive against lefties, because he needs to use more offense than defense. The combination of the two has a lot of potential.

I'm not entirely sure that the reach disparity would amount to much in the ring because I think it would be largely Whitaker's right lead vs Mayweather's right cross. The extra distance for the cross to travel would offset his reach advantage.

I just can't see Floyd using his left jab all that much in the fight.

But I do agree that Floyd would be the aggressor. I just think that Whitaker would nick it on the back foot.

Comment

I got Whitaker by solid decision.

Comment

When two defensive fighters meet it makes for slow fights. Still Whitaker is in another class.

Comment

Whitaker at 135, 140 and 147.

Comment

Whitaker at 135. Mayweather at 140 and 147.

Comment

I agree, if there is one who could make Floyd Mayweather look bad, it's sweet pea, but it's gonna be close, 7-5 for Whitaker.

And Whitaker never got beaten decisively until he was 35. If he is fighting now, he will fought the best, Pernell would fight Manny Pacquiao anytime, unlike Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
                  Pernell would fight Manny Pacquiao anytime, unlike Mayweather.

I have no doubt about that. Whitaker was fearless.

Comment

Whitaker was a little bit faster IMO, but to be bluntly honest the result would depend on whether your talking Whitaker pre-Crack Pipe and Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                      I'm not entirely sure that the reach disparity would amount to much in the ring because I think it would be largely Whitaker's right lead vs Mayweather's right cross. The extra distance for the cross to travel would offset his reach advantage.

I just can't see Floyd using his left jab all that much in the fight.

But I do agree that Floyd would be the aggressor. I just think that Whitaker would nick it on the back foot.
                      I think jabbing if Pea jabs would be the simple thing to do, especially with a reach advantage, and Floyd would not fail to do so. And i don't see that jabbing contest last very long.

Comment

Working...
                      X