No announcement yet.

Anybody Who Can Show Me Multiple Clips Of Floyd Running In The Ring Gets 20mill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    I don't think people understand what ''running is''. If the opposition was landing more than him and he wasn't launching an offense of his own, sure I'd call that running.

But he consistently lands more or at the least similar amount of punches per round as his opponent.

What he does is effectively use the ring, people who have stepped in a gym would realise this. If fighters weren't meant to move around the ring they'd be 1m by 1m.
    Yes indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
      if you take running in its literal meaning and apply it to boxing then you're right there is not such thing as running in boxing. but do you really expect to see somebody running (literally) in a squared boxing ring? lmao

running in boxing is when a fighter tries to avoid a toe-to-toe confrontation by going backwards constantly everytime his opponent comes close. runners are the opposite of warriors. while warriors are cheered on, runners usually get booed because they bore the **** out of fans.

but then, running is also a good defensive strategy because it messes up with the opponents fight plan. as they say it's harder to hit a moving target. it can be irritating especially to impatient fighters and so they become more reckless with their attacks and be open to counters.
      It happens guys turn their back and run.

Running doesn't win fights effective boxing does.

As far as Floyd goes he spends a lot of time on the inside, if you are spending a lot of time on the inside you aren't really a runner, because a runner always wants to keep the other guy out of range that is not how Floyd fights. He moves sure, mixing it in but that wouldn't be my definition of a runner or running since Floyd almost always move with purpose of setting up a clean punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        It happens guys turn their back and run.

Running doesn't win fights effective boxing does.

As far as Floyd goes he spends a lot of time on the inside, if you are spending a lot of time on the inside you aren't really a runner, because a runner always wants to keep the other guy out of range that is not how Floyd fights. He moves sure, mixing it in but that wouldn't be my definition of a runner or running since Floyd almost always move with purpose of setting up a clean punch.
        like i said, don't take the meaning of running literally when it comes to boxing. also, i didn't say running can win fights but it helps definitely. i've seen a lot of fighters who gets impatient trying to chase their runner opponent around the ring and so they abandon their fight plan and become reckless. one thing common about runners is their ability to bring down their opponent's workrate because they always maintain a safe distance and avoid close-in encounters.

also, another distinguishing feature of runners is they always get booed by fans.

anyway, i'm just explaining what a runner is in boxing. i didn't mention floyd's name or any fighter for that matter.
        Last edited by brick wall; 02-07-2011, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
          Bro, who cares?...

If people thinks he runs, so what? Being a boxer or not, doesn't mean you can't have an opinion...

I'm sure plenty of people on this site that know their ****, have never boxed.

Also: Before you say something crazy, I don't call it running.
          well why cant i have a opinion on other opinions im just wondering how much people actually know about boxing floyd does not run in the ring he uses footwork and avoids punishment like a fight smarter should, not saying brawlers are not smart but the long term effect of it is waaaaaaaay worse, i enjoy all styles of boxing, my thing is its soooooo easy to say i wouldnt do this or i wouldnt do that or this person sucks my thing is, well go show us how its done

Comment

like i said, don't take the meaning of running literally when it comes to boxing. also, i didn't say running can win fights but it helps definitely. i've seen a lot of fighters who gets impatient trying to chase their runner opponent around the ring and so they abandon their fight plan and become reckless. one thing common about runners is their ability to bring down their opponent's workrate because they always maintain a safe distance and avoid close-in encounters.

also, another distinguishing feature of runners is they always get booed by fans.

anyway, i'm just explaining what a runner is in boxing. i didn't mention floyd's name or any fighter for that matter.
            The thread is about Floyd, only reason I brought that up is to me he does not fit with that type of fighter but I did see you were talking in general about what a runner was and really have no issue with that since I pretty much agree.

What you say about runner is correct though, they are outside fighters that want zero to do with the inside game and actively move to avoid getting caught inside. IF guys are good at it and have long arms (thus good range) they can pick guys apart and as they get flustered it only gets worse.

If they are excellent at it and built for it like Wlad (not exactly a runner but he is strictly an outside fighter who wants zero to do with the inside) I don't mind it because I like excellence and I like when guys fight in their most effective manner because that means they are truly playing to win (a trait I find very appealing).
            Last edited by The Gambler1981; 02-07-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              I don't think people understand what ''running is''. If the opposition was landing more than him and he wasn't launching an offense of his own, sure I'd call that running.

But he consistently lands more or at the least similar amount of punches per round as his opponent.

What he does is effectively use the ring, people who have stepped in a gym would realise this. If fighters weren't meant to move around the ring they'd be 1m by 1m.
              good post this is what im trying to stress

Comment

if you take running in its literal meaning and apply it to boxing then you're right there is not such thing as running in boxing. but do you really expect to see somebody running (literally) in a squared boxing ring? lmao

running in boxing is when a fighter tries to avoid a toe-to-toe confrontation by going backwards constantly everytime his opponent comes close. runners are the opposite of warriors. while warriors are cheered on, runners usually get booed because they bore the **** out of fans.

but then, running is also a good defensive strategy because it messes up with the opponents fight plan. as they say it's harder to hit a moving target. it can be irritating especially to impatient fighters and so they become more reckless with their attacks and be open to counters.
                great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  If they are excellent at it and built for it like Wlad (not exactly a runner but he is strictly an outside fighter who wants zero to do with the inside) I don't mind it because I like excellence and I like when guys fight in their most effective manner because that means they are truly playing to win (a trait I find very appealing).
                  as they say to each his own. and usually, you support what you find appealing and criticize what you don't like which is normal. what's abnormal is when you try to insist that the fighting style you like is the better one. it has become some sort of a cliche in this forum that when you prefer warriors over boxers you don't know anything about boxing which of course is stupid.

Comment

as they say to each his own. and usually, you support what you find appealing and criticize what you don't like which is normal. what's abnormal is when you try to insist that the fighting style you like is the better one. it has become some sort of a cliche in this forum that when you prefer warriors over boxers you don't know anything about boxing which of course is stupid.
                    Preferring is one thing to each his own, not respecting is a completely different matter. I generally only try and go after the latter.

Most people around here don't take the time to understand styles they dislike or they just throw them around without really trying to understand what they are saying, that happens a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtiger78 View Post
                      well why cant i have a opinion on other opinions im just wondering how much people actually know about boxing floyd does not run in the ring he uses footwork and avoids punishment like a fight smarter should, not saying brawlers are not smart but the long term effect of it is waaaaaaaay worse, i enjoy all styles of boxing, my thing is its soooooo easy to say i wouldnt do this or i wouldnt do that or this person sucks my thing is, well go show us how its done
                      I understand all that, but you don't have to have done it, to know what you are seeing...

In other words, you do not have to have boxed, to have an opinion, or even know boxing...If you have boxed, great, but you may still have no idea how to view a fight.

Example: Let's just say the shoe is on the other foot, and a "boxer" is calling Floyd a runner (please keep in mind, I am not calling him that).

With your logic, you should then shut down your opinion, and except what that "boxer" says, cause he boxed before...Doesn't make sence, does it?....

Comment

Working...
                      X