Collapse
No announcement yet.

what figher should i try to emulate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You shouldnt try and emulate anyones style. Do what your trainer tells you, train hard and you'll develope your own style by knowing what works for you and what doesnt.
    I agree. Just master the basics, and you will develop your own style from there. You could look at fighters and try to take certain things fromtheir style, but for now concentrate on getting everything right and your own style will come.

Comment

Copying vs Originality: A question of balance

Based on your size, conventional wisdom would indicate you would rely on your reach
      to score points.
      However, if you always do what your expected to do, then over time
      it won't take long for somebody to analyze your style and develop the
      perfect blueprint strategy to defeat you.

Also, if you only rely on a reach advantage, what's your plan when fighting
      somebody that can outreach you, or has the skill to move in and out while slipping your straight punches.

Comment

Originally posted by IVANDRAGO88 View Post
        sparring next week for the first time. im pretty tall for my weight class im 6'0 1/2 155. 76 inch reach pretty fast hands. my friend was telling me that before i spar i should go on youtube and watch a fighter thats your size and try to copy how he boxes the shorter opponents. im orthodox by the way thanks so much any advice would help.
        since ur taller study the jab from taller fighters. Look at lennox or holmes see from what angles and how they time there jabs

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
          since ur taller study the jab from taller fighters. Look at lennox or holmes see from what angles and how they time there jabs
          vitali has better overall jab i would say. he uses more angles and styles of jabbing.

i think, two great recent fighter are kostya tszyu and vitali. helluva fighter that combo would be.

Comment

Working...
          X