Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Iceman John Scully belong in the same league as RJJ, Toney and B-Hop?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    Sparring and actual fighting are two different things, you should know that.

And I've seen a video of him sparring Jones, he was doing a good job in there of pushing Jones to the ropes and landing combinations, there were some good exchanges between them so in the gym at least, he did OK.
    Going back to that video you're talkin' about. In your opinion, was it more of RJJ allowing himself to get backed up, I've seen some RJJ fights were it wasn't so much his opponent backing him up, but he would back himself up and allow them to come in. two different type of action, ya know what i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
      Going back to that video you're talkin' about. In your opinion, was it more of RJJ allowing himself to get backed up, I've seen some RJJ fights were it wasn't so much his opponent backing him up, but he would back himself up and allow them to come in. two different type of action, ya know what i mean.
      He backed Jones up, Jones didn't go back there voluntarily, Scully was right in his chest throwing punches pushing Jones back to the ropes, Jones was flurrying off but Scully wouldn't let him off and kept in Jones' chest, Jones was probably landing the cleaner shots but Scully was doing some good work in there. There were some good exchanges.

Comment

Another question, do y'all actually think Scully would admit to us that he was getting owned by RJJ?

"Yeah fellas, Roy was completely tooling me whenever we sparred"

One thing I've learned about fighters, they never admit they got they @sses handed to them. Am I right?

Comment

You're trying to be funny but no one is laughing you POS.

Comment

Another question, do y'all actually think Scully would admit to us that he was getting owned by RJJ?

One thing I've learned about fighters, they never admit they got they @sses handed to them. Am I right?

I've read Larry Holmes-someone not famous for his modesty- saying that in sparring Frazier hurt him in places he never knew he had.

Comment

Seriously, what a massive **** you are.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                JT talked BIG STUFF LOL and loved it when u talked back to him, too. I got into it with him many times and I saw him verbally really go at it with other guys...but by dinner time everything was fine and forgotten Sparring RJ was a GREAT time in my life...gave me confidence as a boxer...RJ was ALWAYS in shape and ready to do rounds...I have known him for more than twenty years now and have NEVER seen him out of shape, not even once. We banged it out sometimes, sometimes he boxed. He has a great arsenal of punches and tricks to his game...I like to believe I did as well with him as anyone, I can remember times when my sparring was supposed to be up for the day and he requested that I stay in longer...his dad told me he loved the work so I consider that a very big compliment coming from him. There is a brief clip of us sparring on my website (in the "pictures" section.)..but the guy who put it on there only put a section of the session where I was doing very well LOL.

I could understand this if he was arrogant about it but Scully has always seemed honest and humble about his sparring experiences with Jones, Toney and other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  I got it off another site a while ago, lost it a couple of months back, been trying to find it again ever since.

if you can get this again that would be good i would love to see it

Comment

you continue to be an idiot. And if he did say roy was tooling with him how is that a bad thing? RJJ can toy with 99% of people his weight. RJJ is one of the best in the history of boxing. That's like having shame that you played Lebron James or Michael Jordan and didn't score a point.

Comment

Originally posted by peleroy View Post
                      if you can get this again that would be good i would love to see it
                      Yeah, I've been trying to find it again for a while. I think it's the same session as that .gif that TheMachine posted, just longer.

Comment

Working...
                      X