Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 30-Day Weights: Gennady Golovkin 165.1, Daniel Jacobs 174.8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    Well no surprises that Golovkin weighs at 165 30days out..
    Who was the guy who made a thread about WBC not in line because of no 30 day weigh in and VADA for Jacobs..

Well in his defense because Feb has only 28days the 30day weigh in should have happened on 16th..
    https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=737089

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
      He need to move up doe!- every black boxing fan.
      Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      GGG is huge doe!
      Originally posted by //// View Post
      GGG has always been barely big enough for MW which is why the "in this era he gotta move up to challenge himself" people are generally clueless and just repeating what they saw someone else say.

He is in his mid 30s. This is his maximum size. If he does move up it won't mean much of anything because it will just be an old fat version. Literally smaller than Canelo.
      Do you consider Mayweather a small welterweight? Go back and look at his WBC 30 day weigh ins. He was always around 149-151. He weighed 150 for the 30 day weigh in against Canelo and 151 at the fight weigh in. I've never heard anyone call Floyd a small welterweight. I've never heard anyone say Floyd shouldn't move up. Hell, some even said he should move up to 160. GGG has not outgrown middleweight. He's making the weight comfortably so he doesn't have to move up. The only reason he should move up is for challenges, just like Floyd only moved up for challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
        Gg be pikin on little fiterz n sheeeit u no wat imsane

Comment

he's a complete professional, keeps in shape all year, back to old times weighin on fight day.
          he's an example to those who want to treat boxing with the proper respect because its a job where you can die on the job.
          shame he is 30 + in age, maybe 3-4 more years at top

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
              He need to move up doe!- every black boxing fan.
              Why can't he make 154 then

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Do you consider Mayweather a small welterweight? Go back and look at his WBC 30 day weigh ins. He was always around 149-151. He weighed 150 for the 30 day weigh in against Canelo and 151 at the fight weigh in. I've never heard anyone call Floyd a small welterweight. I've never heard anyone say Floyd shouldn't move up. Hell, some even said he should move up to 160. GGG has not outgrown middleweight. He's making the weight comfortably so he doesn't have to move up. The only reason he should move up is for challenges, just like Floyd only moved up for challenges.
                He said he wants to unify at 160, then he said he will move to 68

Gennady fought at 147 in like what, 2003 or something? 160 is his weight.

What age did Floyd start moving up?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                  Why can't he make 154 then
                  Why is Canelo not campaigning at 154 at the age of 26.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    Why is Canelo not campaigning at 154 at the age of 26.
                    It's strange. Wouldn't fight Lara, Khan (for some reason) at 154 but fights Liam Smith at 154 (for some reason)

Now he is fighting Chavez at 164.5 (for some reason) but won't fight at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      He said he wants to unify at 160, then he said he will move to 68

Gennady fought at 147 in like what, 2003 or something? 160 is his weight.

What age did Floyd start moving up?
                      GGG turned pro later so that's not a good way to judge. Some guy on here made a topic showing GGG was about the same size as Floyd around the same age.

I'm not saying GGG should move up for the sake of moving up. I'm saying he should move up for challenges. But GGG fans get offended if you suggest he move up to face a challenge. It's the double standards. Floyd was a smaller welterweight than GGG is a middleweight. Consistently 3lbs off the limit at the 30 day weigh in. Can you imagine Floyd saying he wants to unify at welterweight instead of fighting De La Hoya, Cotto, and Canelo?

Comment

Working...
                      X