Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is that a lot of Lara fans say.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is that a lot of Lara fans say.....

That Lara's style is going to be the kryptonite of GGG?

Literally GGG wants runners so that he could chase around in the ring, cut their escape point in the corner and attack them with carefully placed shots in the body and head and end them.

It has been known that it's better to fight back against GGG with combos rather than 1-2 run, 1-2 run. So why still hold on the delusion that Lara's style beats GGG's?

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post

Literally GGG wants runners so that he could chase around in the ring, cut their escape point in the corner and attack them with carefully placed shots in the body and head and end them.

It has been known that it's better to fight back against GGG with combos rather than 1-2 run, 1-2 run. So why still hold on the delusion that Lara's style beats GGG's?

because they're haters. they do this to a shrine with floyd mayweather's jockstrap

lara fought poor man's golovkin and ended up on the ropes. alfredo angulo has less power, no jab, he's slow as hell, smaller, less chin, less technical, follows instead of cutting off the ring.

styles make fights, and people don't really understand what that means. usually they just think the styles that are closer to the fighters they felate are most effective. in reality, styles making fights means that golovkin will fight most effectively coming forward, and that he's actually goingto have the most problems with fast handed fighters who will take the fight to him and have the power to back him up.

what's golokvin's weakness? it's not skill! it's that he's easy to hit because he's so offensive. so you hit him! you move A BIT, and then you hit him again! when you move it should be to the side. you fight in the middle of the ring! you don't run to the ropes! that allows him to set up his power and knock you senseless! watch the angulo - lara fight! and then watch it again!

styles make fights. it legitimately took me 10 years of watching boxing closely to get an idea of what a fight will look like when two fighters get in there. 95+% of you just aren't there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      because they're haters. they do this to a shrine with floyd mayweather's jockstrap

lara fought poor man's golovkin and ended up on the ropes. alfredo angulo has less power, no jab, he's slow as hell, smaller, less chin, less technical, follows instead of cutting off the ring.

styles make fights, and people don't really understand what that means. usually they just think the styles that are closer to the fighters they felate are most effective. in reality, styles making fights means that golovkin will fight most effectively coming forward, and that he's actually goingto have the most problems with fast handed fighters who will take the fight to him and have the power to back him up.

what's golokvin's weakness? it's not skill! it's that he's easy to hit because he's so offensive. so you hit him! you move A BIT, and then you hit him again! when you move it should be to the side. you fight in the middle of the ring! you don't run to the ropes! that allows him to set up his power and knock you senseless! watch the angulo - lara fight! and then watch it again!

styles make fights. it legitimately took me 10 years of watching boxing closely to get an idea of what a fight will look like when two fighters get in there. 95+% of you just aren't there yet.
      Exactly! Angulo was cutting off the ring on lara and drilling body shots. GGG is better at every facet of boxing than angulo. Oh and if GGG KO'd lara he wouldnt get credit theyll just say he beat up a 154lber

Comment

A defense-first fighter simply cannot compete with Golovkin. Canelo has a much better chance than someone like Lara.

Also, title of thread should be changed because Lara doesn't have any fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          Exactly! Angulo was cutting off the ring on lara and drilling body shots. GGG is better at every facet of boxing than angulo. Oh and if GGG KO'd lara he wouldnt get credit theyll just say he beat up a 154lber
          Naaa, they would say he fought Angulo and Canelo left overs.

Comment

Big problems for me with Lara in a fight with GGG is that a - he holds his feet too much when he needs to attack and b - he shells up and stops doing anything when his opponent gets to him.

Canelo, who isnt a great pressure fighter by any stretch had him moving way more than he wanted to, and because of that he could not get off his own punches with any sort of authority. Angulo, who is just not all that good, had Lara shelled up taking punishment almost every round. GG is a natural pressure fighter who has trained that style for many years, whereas Canelo basically picked it up for one fight.

Add into that that Lara isnt even a MW, there is very little chance of the fight being made across the promotional divide, and id say this fight gets way more chat than it is really entitled to.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post

Calling it running shows you are not truly a fan of the sport. Despite New England's inability to leave 2010 in the past, Lara has all the tools and skills to make life difficult for a taller, slower opponent.

We don't know if GGG's stamina will last for 12 rounds. If you can box and move for the duration of the fight perhaps you can tire him out.

Lara also has a 5 inch reach advantage despite being shorter (not by much). Coupled with his speed advantage, he can fight from the outside, which, if employed properly, could help him control the pace of the fight and reduce the impact GGG's power would have.

Not guaranteeing anything will happen because, as NE pointed out, we've seen far less fighters corner Lara. However, I think the fight could be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                Big problems for me with Lara in a fight with GGG is that a - he holds his feet too much when he needs to attack and b - he shells up and stops doing anything when his opponent gets to him.

Canelo, who isnt a great pressure fighter by any stretch had him moving way more than he wanted to, and because of that he could not get off his own punches with any sort of authority. Angulo, who is just not all that good, had Lara shelled up taking punishment almost every round. GG is a natural pressure fighter who has trained that style for many years, whereas Canelo basically picked it up for one fight.

Add into that that Lara isnt even a MW, there is very little chance of the fight being made across the promotional divide, and id say this fight gets way more chat than it is really entitled to.
                Great point. I remember seeing someone on here before say that Lara needs space to work. It's very true. He's not a guy who prefers to be on the outside, he's a guy that has to be on the outside. He lacks skill in the pocket which is bad news against someone who can cut off the ring.

People should remember that this is not a strength of Canelo's. But it absolutely is a strength of Golovkin's. I would like to see him fight Lara, but I am pretty sure he stops him. Lara just isn't going to score enough or be effective enough at close range to win. Golovkin would just keep marching forward all night.

Comment

What do people remember about the Angulo fight? Lara made that man turn his back and quit. He gave up. Did he get caught? Yes. Amazing isn't it? A fighter who's fighting another professional fighter gets hit and dropped. Wow. Never in this sport has this ever happened. Wait, the guy that we're discussing, turned his back and stopped fighting because of the beating he was taking by Lara.

Now I don't know if it's GGG's kryptonite, but I know he has a far greater chance than a lot of fighters at 160 & 154 do. He has respectable pop in his left, he can move, he's not as easy as people like to make it seem.. BUT ANGULO DOE!

or did I miss something in that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Calling it running shows you are not truly a fan of the sport. Despite New England's inability to leave 2010 in the past, Lara has all the tools and skills to make life difficult for a taller, slower opponent.

We don't know if GGG's stamina will last for 12 rounds. If you can box and move for the duration of the fight perhaps you can tire him out.

Lara also has a 5 inch reach advantage despite being shorter (not by much). Coupled with his speed advantage, he can fight from the outside, which, if employed properly, could help him control the pace of the fight and reduce the impact GGG's power would have.

Not guaranteeing anything will happen because, as NE pointed out, we've seen far less fighters corner Lara. However, I think the fight could be interesting.
                    I would be sure that someone who refuses to engage and be on their bike the moment the opponents puts their feet forward is a runner.

And also, GGG has gone to the championship rounds. Murray put him in the 11th round and GGG was still energetic and knocked him out. But I'm still not sure, there weren't many body punches to GGG so that would be left out.

TBH also, I want Lara vs GGG to happen more than Canelo vs GGG.

Comment

Working...
                    X