Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Jacobs is having 5 star camp for GGG!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
    When Pirog fought Jacobs , he showed no respect for Danny's power. Meanwhile Pirog hurt Jacobs a few times before he walked him down and knocked him out.
    Granted that was in 2010, but it still makes me think Jacobs power is overrated and if Golovkin is able to walk through it, Jacobs, no matter what kind of camp he has, will be in a whole lot of trouble.
    You can't go by what happened in the past.
    Sports does not work like that sir....no sport.

Especially boxing.

Remember Doug DeWitt???

He took EVEYTHING Hearns had....then got KTFO by a guy that couldn't knock over a box of girl scout cookies.

If you think GGG walks through Jacobs there must be another Golovking out there......and your watching the wrong one.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      Very surprised that everyone is underestimating Jacobs. I'm very happy and excited he's taking this fight so seriously. This is how I want fighters to approach their world title shots, putting maximum effort into it, not say 'well it's just another fight'.

Yes, this may screw with Danny's head, but it can also do wonders for his preparation. We know Ward has thought about fighting Golovkin so he may give him some tips and prepare him well.
      If he was taking his Golovkin shot most seriously, he wouldn't have sat out 9 months only to rematch Mora, and now sitting out another 6 months.

Dereveyanchenko, Khytrov, and Khurtsidze are his normal sparring partners. In fact it sounds like he'll no longer be sparring with those guys, as his training camp is now in Oakland where those guys had been training in Florida.

Hunter's not a miracle worker. He did nothing for Khan, Berto, or Angulo. His only successful fighter has been Andre Ward. Chis Algeri's reputation as a top nutritionist is not on par with Mackie Shilstone, Victor Conte, Memo Heridia, or Ariza.

To me, this looks like all smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseburger View Post
        Virgil Hunter and Rozier for coaching.

Algeri for nutrition and conditioning.

Avtandil Khurtsidze, Sergiy Derevyanchenko, and Ievgen Khytrov as his main sparring partners.

Danny will be at his best ever. Who does GGG have for his camp???
        all 3 of his sparring partners hit hard af

Comment

I heard Jacobs is Briging goku in to spar, ggg is done.

Comment

Really hope to see Jacobs try to use some of his power to go to GGG's body. That's the intrigue for me in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              Really hope to see Jacobs try to use some of his power to go to GGG's body. That's the intrigue for me in this fight.
              If Brook went downstairs he would have had GGG in trouble.

An old fighter with thin legs can't take it downstairs.

Comment

If he was taking his Golovkin shot most seriously, he wouldn't have sat out 9 months only to rematch Mora, and now sitting out another 6 months.

Dereveyanchenko, Khytrov, and Khurtsidze are his normal sparring partners. In fact it sounds like he'll no longer be sparring with those guys, as his training camp is now in Oakland where those guys had been training in Florida.

Hunter's not a miracle worker. He did nothing for Khan, Berto, or Angulo. His only successful fighter has been Andre Ward. Chis Algeri's reputation as a top nutritionist is not on par with Mackie Shilstone, Victor Conte, Memo Heridia, or Ariza.

To me, this looks like all smoke and mirrors.
                I agree with you, I don't think Jacobs plans to change everything for the GGG fight. The most important thing he can do is develop a few attack plans and work to hone them...sticking to the game plan is a must.

Regarding Hunter, that's not a fair assessment of him. The fighters you named were on the downside of their careers when they got to Hunter. He's not a miracle worker but under his tutelage Berto and Khan got their biggest fights and extended their careers. Hell if Khan wasn't such a mental case in the ring he might have made it to the a decision against Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
                  At least he'll have a wide range of excuses to use just in case he losses.

"Shouldn't have changed my diet."

"Me and Virgil just didn't click"

"The atmosphere just wasn't right for me"

"I had a bad flight back to New York"

"My training sparring partners were too rough"

HAha, good point!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                    Good! He'll be in there to win. Wojnder how Hunter is telling him to approach the fight.

Very quietly

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                      all 3 of his sparring partners hit hard af
                      Can't wait for the stories to come out after the fight how he got dropped and hurt in sparring by one of these guys lol...

Comment

Working...
                      X