Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: Tim Bradley Would Be a Huge Fight, Great To Make

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    This is a very intriguing match up. The question is can Bradley back Cotto up by forcing him to fight off the back foot? If he can, then he stands a chance of winning this fight but if not, then Cotto wins this fight via unanimous decision or TKO. In order for Bradley to defeat Cotto he is going to have make it an inside fight by exchanging with him and smothering Miguel's power.
    Cotto has shown he can be effective fighting off the back foot and on the inside.

Comment

50/50 fight. going for bradley to edge on a close decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
        Cotto by late round stoppage or unanimous decision. Remember people are sleeping on Cotto's technical skills. Cotto will plaster Timmeh to the body and Timmeh will get brave and get hit. Enough said.
        cotto aint stopping tim.

Comment

I would love to see Cotto/Bradley. Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
            Good fight, who actually will support this fight if made???? Ya asking for this fight so y should support this fight.
            I can't imagine why someone would not support this fight. It's a good fight between two veteran fighters of proven quality and similar size. It's also two guys who always fight the best and would be doing so again here.

I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Great fight, but why is Cotto constantly fishing at 147 for JMW fights? Come on man...
              Cuz he's a midget for JMW, and he will always lose there to any decent fighter, except an injured Martinez.

His body belongs to WW.

At this point Cotto is only cashing out. He's wasted as ****. He only wants money. This will be a PPV and he will demand 10+ millions.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                Cuz he's a midget for JMW, and he will always lose there to any decent fighter, except an injured Martinez.

His body belongs to WW.

At this point Cotto is only cashing out. He's wasted as ****. He only wants money. This will be a PPV and he will demand 10+ millions.
                Agreed, accept about his body belonging at WW, because he can't make weight and is dragging up (or trying to) these welters.
                154 is an ugly place for an old dog to be right now. I think he'd be far better off going up to 160 and trying to land a big fight with Saunders or Eubank in the UK. That'll get him paid. Or, feast on GGG leftovers in the US.

That said, Bradley is a nice fight if he can lure Tim into going up.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I can't imagine why someone would not support this fight. It's a good fight between two veteran fighters of proven quality and similar size. It's also two guys who always fight the best and would be doing so again here.

I love it.
                  Because it will probably be a PPV with Cotto saying: I'm the diva, give me my 10+ millions guaranteed.

But the fight is not worth a PPV and Cotto doesn't deserve that money anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                    bradley getting cherrypicked again lol...this dude is no more than a top rank/hbo jobber that is protected from all the prime hungry welters...
                    Please, Garcia, Thurman, Porter and Brook all get boxed up by Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                      Cotto has shown he can be effective fighting off the back foot and on the inside.
                      Which is a very true statement. He showed that ability in the Shane Mosley fight. However, Cotto is at his most effective when he becomes the hunter, by walking his man down while punishing them to the body.

For the exception of the Mayweather loss, all of Miguel Cotto's losses came about as a result of his opponents' ability to back him up and force him to fight off the back foot. Now, as I reflect, he was even backed up; No actually hurt in the 12th round of the Floyd fight too.

Therefore, when we see Cotto retreating (going backwards), it's typically a sign that he is in some kind of distress or trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X