Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring rates Canelo #1 @154 after defeating Liam Smith, also still holds Lineal MW belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as Canelos stock has dropped so has ring belts and their credibility

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Two of these fights were at MW and a MW belt was at stake. Only fights at 154 were Trout and Liam Smith.

You also think Canelo should still hold the lineal MW Title?
      Yeah, I forgot he fought Lara at Canelo weight. Beating two of the top 10 ranked by the Ring right now is still solid. Looking at the rankings I can't see anyone there I would put him ahead of. Lara lost to Canelo already. Charlo's are unproven for the most part. So is Andrade. Cotto lost to him already. Where do you think he belongs?

I don't like the fact that he's the lineal champion, but a lineal champ can't be stripped until he's defeated. At the very least if Canelo never fights at middle weight again the lineage will be lost, but we all know that isn't happening. This Liam Smith fight was probably a one time thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
        Yeah, I forgot he fought Lara at Canelo weight. Beating two of the top 10 ranked by the Ring right now is still solid. Looking at the rankings I can't see anyone there I would put him ahead of. Lara lost to Canelo already. Charlo's are unproven for the most part. So is Andrade. Cotto lost to him already. Where do you think he belongs?

I don't like the fact that he's the lineal champion, but a lineal champ can't be stripped until he's defeated. At the very least if Canelo never fights at middle weight again the lineage will be lost, but we all know that isn't happening. This Liam Smith fight was probably a one time thing.
        That's a really bad ranking method. So a lineal champ could fight a bum a year for 5 years straight and remain on top of all the independent rankings which are supposed to be much better than the alphabets. A champ should have some responsibilities. First and foremost, he needs to be defending at the regulation weight. You cant be champ but too small for the weight. Forfeiting to #1 Contender is another thing that should get you stripped

Comment

160lb king is GGG
          154lb king is vacant
          155lb Nelo is king

Thats all u need to kno

Comment

I mean he is the lineal champ at middleweight and just fought there in May..and he has beaten damn near half of the top 10 at 154..sooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
              I mean he is the lineal champ at middleweight and just fought there in May..and he has beaten damn near half of the top 10 at 154..sooooooooo
              Wasn't Floyd lineal and number 1 ranked in another weight class at the same time? He held titles at both 154 and 147 when he won title at 152 catchweight but continued to fight strictly at 147 for 2 years after. So this don't seem like anything new to me. He is clearly the number 1 154lb he has beaten 4 of the top 10 and you can't have the lineal champ stripped do you idiots even understand what lineal is. LMAO

Comment

Sounds about right, he still does hold lineal mw title, and #1 154 makes sense he just destroyed a legit champion with successful title defenses under his belt. Ring Magazine the ranking system their is.

Comment

he just destroyed a legit champion
                  Gotta know, did you type this with a straight face?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Wasn't Floyd lineal and number 1 ranked in another weight class at the same time? He held titles at both 154 and 147 when he won title at 152 catchweight but continued to fight strictly at 147 for 2 years after. So this don't seem like anything new to me. He is clearly the number 1 154lb he has beaten 4 of the top 10 and you can't have the lineal champ stripped do you idiots even understand what lineal is. LMAO
                    You can't be a lineal champ without being a champ, get it? And this guy is not the champ of anything at Mw, body not ready

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      They slam Canelo but at 26 he has an amazing resume....just let them vent..lol they will be ok

Comment

Working...
                      X