Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Admits Move To 160 is Likely Next For His Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't surprise me that the mediocre Smith beats a weight drained and lethargic Canelo. I also wouldn't be surprised if a much stronger 160 lb Canelo is too strong for GGG. You can see the differences weight has had on Canelo in the Mayweather and Cotto fights. Canelo looked weak and lethargic against light hitting Floyd at 152 and the punches seemed to bother him. He looked like a juggernaut at 155 vs a rejuvenated Cotto who was punching like Mike Tyson and walked through massive killer shots without seeming to so much as flinch. Interestingly, I believe GGG easily beats Canelo @ 155 and I give Canelo a 50/50 chance or better vs GGG at 160.

Comment

Translation

"I hate my life and specially hate GGG because of this fucking diet, i dont know how i can drain myself much longer like this and avoid becoming the next Good Boy"

"But Oscar told me he found the easiest way to a title but these other cats at 154 are too dangerous. The fight is not selling, the PPV will be disastrous. I have to move up and pretend I want to fight GGG but really only fight couple nohopers and hope GGG gets old and slow and I don't lose my last remaining fans."
      Last edited by Jubei; 08-24-2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
        It wouldn't surprise me that the mediocre Smith beats a weight drained and lethargic Canelo. I also wouldn't be surprised if a much stronger 160 lb Canelo is too strong for GGG. You can see the differences weight has had on Canelo in the Mayweather and Cotto fights. Canelo looked weak and lethargic against light hitting Floyd at 152 and the punches seemed to bother him. He looked like a juggernaut at 155 vs a rejuvenated Cotto who was punching like Mike Tyson and walked through massive killer shots without seeming to so much as flinch. Interestingly, I believe GGG easily beats Canelo @ 155 and I give Canelo a 50/50 chance or better vs GGG at 160.
        Thank god for knowledgeable posters !

Comment

He must be really struggling to make the weight for Smith lol

Comment

The weight is killing him. Smiths coming. Beefy gonna eat the gingersnap.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
              He must be really struggling to make the weight for Smith lol
              someone posted his diet earlier and it was basically egg whites, cucumbers and protein shakes lol

making 154 is probably more painful than the beating GGG would put on him at this point

Comment

It's GGG who put him on the diet and he would prefer for himself to kill his body rather than let GGG do it.......he and Oscar are a real pair of clowns who keep trying to swerve what everyone already knows.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post

I don't agree with that at all

the weight matters

Canelo is obviously much more comfortable at 155 than Golovkin is

no way would Golovkin be the same fighter at 155

that is why Team Bull**** preferred to walk away from that HUGE payday and that HUGE exposure, rather than back up their ****-talk and negotiate with Canelo on the weight

Canelo at 155 is a real tough fight for GGG, that would be his biggest possible challenge other than Andre Ward..... and we know they aint about that life

Golovkin/Canelo NOW at 160..... is 60/40 Golovkin

Golovkin/Canelo in 2-3 fights at 160..... is 50/50

I may even favor Canelo in in 2-3 fights at 160, depends how he looks

to date, he has certainly shown MUCH more against MUCH better opponents than Golovkin has

Comment

Originally posted by IboxSouthpaw View Post
                    Thank god for knowledgeable posters !

Smith won't beat Canelo, keep your money in your pocket

Comment

So, despite making 155 EASILY in his last 5 fights, you guys think that making 154 is going to kill Canelo.....

..... and yet, despite being a 35yo career middleweight, you guys think that Golovkin would be the same fighter at 154, and should be favored over Canelo..... ?

o, k, then.....

Comment

Working...
                      X