No announcement yet.

The official 2015-2016 NBA season thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
    Oh they regret it big time. If it were David stern, he wouldn't give a damn. With Adam silver, he has a reputation to uphold.

I think it was Brendan Haywood that said it, they boxed themselves in with the Jones suspension. Not only that, but they fined him as well as suspended him. They will look like complete fools to not suspend Green.

And I get the argument that he's a bigger star than Jones, but if they allow him to get off easy, they'll end up pissing off even bigger stars than draymond green. So, I for one, don't see how he avoids it, but stranger **** has happened, so I wouldn't be totally shocked either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      GSW needs to throw this game in the bushes, and hope Green doesn't catch a game suspension.

OKC just dominated in every part of the game tonight. They win the rebound and turnover battle, they have a good shot at beating the Warriors. They also played great defense tonight.

GSW hasn't lost back to back games all year.

Let me put my Captain Obvious hat and say game 4 is a huge one.
      When OKC rebounds well they are very tough to beat. They get lots of second chance points while the other team is forced to score on their first attempt or come up dry.

They did the same thing to San Antonio.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post

I think it was Brendan Haywood that said it, they boxed themselves in with the Jones suspension. Not only that, but they fined him as well as suspended him. They will look like complete fools to not suspend Green.

And I get the argument that he's a bigger star than Jones, but if they allow him to get off easy, they'll end up pissing off even bigger stars than draymond green. So, I for one, don't see how he avoids it, but stranger **** has happened, so I wouldn't be totally shocked either.
        As much as I like Green's versatility and edge he plays with, he has gotten away with a whole bunch of shit. Barking at the refs, all types of theatrics, etc.

I remember when Rasheed Wallace got tossed out of a game for just looking at a ref sideways.

You start getting a rep, and it starts to follow you around, unfair or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          Maybe not shooting 30 three pointers would be one of those things that would bring those ft numbers up. I mean look at the end of the 3rd. Green and Festuz at the line. One attacked the rim, the other stayed in the lane, got an offensive board and went back up with it. Simple basketball. I don't need to see Bogut or Green backing their man down and pump faking til there's contact, but damn it... Stop taking so many perimeter jump shots if your issue is FTAs.

What you're saying is the refs are balancing out the calls in order to help one team in the 1st half.. Great, so the dubs should benefit once the numbers tilt their way in the 2nd. Right?

Honestly, tell me who on GS would even be considered in tonight's game to go to the line at least 10 times? Hell, who on their team would you say has earned at least 5 ft attempts on their own that isn't Curry

GS shouldn't have to change their style of play, the 3 ball gives them their best chance at winning. Leonard is as aggressive as they come, last series he was getting pummeled in the paint, the refs simply do not make the calls even when players attack.

Go to the NBA website, Adams blocks Curry but makes contact, if that's Okc that's 3 free throws. Another highlights shows Thompson get jumped into by Roberson, if that's Durant that's an and 1, that's a 6 point swing right there. Another highlight you'll see is KD getting an and 1 with minimal contact. That's how the refs officiate okc games, NO consistency. Okc's defense was hot garbage all year, suddenly their defense is looking elite and it's thanks to the refs.

OKC was already up around 12 by halftime, the calls GS got in the 2nd half hand no impact on the game just like Sa. The refs make calls to stop a team's runs, get okc back in the game, keep okc's momentum going, force certain players into foul trouble, they literally give them points while helping to string together defensive stops.

The refs only start making calls once the game is close to out of reach or the opponent is in control, GS had 4 FTA by halftime, 25 at the end of the game. Same pattern, seen it all before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            As much as I like Green's versatility and edge he plays with, he has gotten away with a whole bunch of shit. Barking at the refs, all types of theatrics, etc.

I remember when Rasheed Wallace got tossed out of a game for just looking at a ref sideways.

You start getting a rep, and it starts to follow you around, unfair or not.
            Agree here too.

I think they'll take his rep into account, and I think they'll look at the knee-to-groin move he gave Adams in game 2 also. If it had been Curry, LeBron, KD, or Westbrook, I feel the league would spin it somehow, and let them off easy, but you can't be draymond green and think you're going to get away with nonsense game after game...

And lol at your rasheed comment...I remember when Duncan got T'd, and tossed out of a game for laughing while he was on the bench!

Comment

• LOL at Kerr and Draymond thinking the foul will be rescinded

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                GS shouldn't have to change their style of play, the 3 ball gives them their best chance at winning. Leonard is as aggressive as they come, last series he was getting pummeled in the paint, the refs simply do not make the calls even when players attack.

Go to the NBA website, Adams blocks Curry but makes contact, if that's Okc that's 3 free throws. Another highlights shows Thompson get jumped into by Roberson, if that's Durant that's an and 1, that's a 6 point swing right there. Another highlight you'll see is KD getting an and 1 with minimal contact. That's how the refs officiate okc games, NO consistency. Okc's defense was hot garbage all year, suddenly their defense is looking elite and it's thanks to the refs.

OKC was already up around 12 by halftime, the calls GS got in the 2nd half hand no impact on the game just like Sa. The refs make calls to stop a team's runs, get okc back in the game, keep okc's momentum going, force certain players into foul trouble, they literally give them points while helping to string together defensive stops.

The refs only start making calls once the game is close to out of reach or the opponent is in control, GS had 4 FTA by halftime, 25 at the end of the game. Same pattern, seen it all before.
                For every bad call you bring up, I can do the same for OKC. Only difference is OKC drives to the basket much more often. Obviously if you drive to the hoop several times a game you will get a call or two.

Comment

• It's over if okc goes up 3-1

A draymond suspension makes that a reality

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post

Really? Still?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Really? Still?

Something about Texas and stick'n 2 your guns...

Nothing rides on Draymond decision.

GS has been the best team all year and will continue 2 be.

Comment

Working...
                      X