No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: "I think Carl Froch Will Fight Gennady Golovkin next year"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Do you reckon Froch is a big enough draw in America to get the kind of money he will want to come out of retirement?

It would take a huge amount of promotion and marketing in either country to generate the amount he would want i think. I think it could do well in America though but it would need another year for Golovkin to keep building his name. Froch still has a big name but i'm not sure a lot of people would pay to watch him on PPV in America right now. But if the angle in a years time when GGG builds his name more is that Froch is coming out of retirement because he's the only fighter that can live with GGG or something, then i reckon it'll work.

Either way, it's Golovkin who needs promoting in either country to make it appealing enough to get Froch the money he wants. He's already got his role in the fight to sell it, which coming out of retirement for it.
    Froch isn't that big of a name in America. It just depends what happens with Golovkin. HBO have clearly earmarked him as their next star so they're going to push him to the moon.

If he gets the Cotto-Canelo winner and beats them, then there'll be more than enough to tempt Froch back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Froch isn't that big of a name in America. It just depends what happens with Golovkin. HBO have clearly earmarked him as their next star so they're going to push him to the moon.

If he gets the Cotto-Canelo winner and beats them, then there'll be more than enough to tempt Froch back.
      ... Cotto and Canelo are crowding already to fight Golovkin.

Comment

The Wembly stadium thing is overrated due to the high overhead. They could pack 20k into the O2 with lower expenses and still do big rev due to the UK ppv. Froch/Groves II generated over $20mill in the UK. I don't think Froch/Golovkin generates $10mill in the Vegas. Unlike Hatton, Froch probably doesn't draw 4-5,000 fans to travel over seas. For the most money, I think they need to be on UK prime time.

Comment

He also said Khan nearly shat himself when Hearn told him Brook only has a couple fights left at 147

Khan's potential paydays are slowly evaporating.

I suspect the rumours about Brook's weight were true now too.
          Brook is a big kid..i have no idea how he makes 147

Comment

Towards the end of the video.

Says the Golovkin is the biggest fight out there.

Says Froch might struggle to get down to 168lbs though.

Not sure whether to believe Hearn, he talks out his arse half the time these days. I would prefer this to the DeGale fight personally.

If Golovkin gets/beats the Cotto-Canelo winner, then this fight would be huge in Vegas for late next year.

Hype talk from Hearn or genuine?
            Hearns always talked out his dirt pipe
            He's on record saying Froch is still on weight & lucky if he's 13 stone
            He's doing exactly what he does with Brook, name dropping the fights we want then offering up ****e

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              No it would be stupid and if he won it would only mean Golovkin is absolute trash.
              Seriously do you ever post anything that isn't miserable and insulting to fighters? Jeez.

Comment

Carl is one of my fav but if he's not gonna get in the ring he should stop talking.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Seriously do you ever post anything that isn't miserable and insulting to fighters? Jeez.
                  Should I lie instead?

Comment

No. The DeGale fight would be bigger in the UK. I don't think Hearn is talking about a UK fight, most likely Vegas. HBO wouldn't put on an afternoon PPV.
                    Degale fight is worth more right now. Almost certainly a UK stadium fight/PPV etc. Depends if Froch wants the money.

The only way a Golovkin fight will pay enough, and interest Froch enough, would be in Vegas with HBO gixing Froch a big guaranteed purse. On a mumber of occasions Froch has said his ony unrealised ambition was to top the bill in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      Brook is a big kid..i have no idea how he makes 147
                      He is very tight at the weight.

A move to 154 is on the cards soon IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X