Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexander would beat Guerrero.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like pretty much everyone save a couple favor Guerrero in this fight, as it should be

Comment

It's a close fight but Guerrero is more determined, smarter, tougher and has better stamina so I think he finds a way to win. Alexander has the edge on handspeed but I don't think that will be enough.His fast punches often miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

Disagree.

Not saying Guerrero is a great welter, just that he's slightly better than Devon and that he could impose his style on him.

Most of all i hate Devon-Floyd because it would be a boooooooring fight, not necessarily because Guerrero have a much better shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              I tend to think Guerrero would outwork Alexander but it is hard to tell how good Guerrero is at 147 by beating the guys he did.
              We know Devon is ****, from his work at 140 and his two lame performances at 147.

However, I'm still on the fence with Guerrero. Unlike most, I still have major reservations and think against someone with more bottle and skill than the ****e he faced in Aydin and Berto, he would struggle against a real 147 pounder.

I just can't get the Salido fight out of my head. Yeah, I know, he got busted for some **** after it, but if you watch the fight, he fights the same as he did years ago, the same as he still does today... Salido that is. He wasn't faster, he didn't throw significantly more, he didn't have greater stamina, and it didn't make him more skilled. I can only guess that maybe it made him stronger...?

It wasn't anything special that he took that won him that fight though. Maybe it helped, but he would have won it either way. Maybe it helped with some extra strength or something, who knows, but he was simply better than Guerrero. Guerrero struggled to land cleanly on him, Salido won just about every round and he wasn't necessarily out toughing him, but he was more skilled at what he was doing.

Let's just say it gives me reservations and I'll hold judgement for a little longer.

Comment

I don't think Guerrero is a vastly improved inside fighter since then,either.He still eats a ton of uppercuts and his work at close range is still pretty sloppy,unrefined and inconsistent.

Guerrero has the ability and style to make a fight with Mayweather reasonably entertaining and not much else.

Comment

I don't think Devon could lose a decision to anyone not named Bradley...

Comment

it's a toss up. I view the WW division this way as far as top 5 goes

1. Mayweather
                    2. Marquez
                    3. Pac Man
                    4. Bradley
                    5. Guerrero/Alexander

Comment

Alexander is a damn good fighter, he has good handspeed, footspeed, he also has good stamina. His major flaws are his defensive deficiencies.

The Ghost on the other hand can match him at long range & is better on the inside. But he does not have more stamina & Devon is a little faster.

Both are 2 of the better choices to fight Floyd at 147, no matter how fans try to hate & blame them as if they could force Floyd to choose them.

Head to head, right now, I think the fight is 50/50. I couldn't wait for Brook/Devon, that fight was gonna clear up a whole lot about both fighters. I can almost guarantee that if Devon had beaten Brook, (fair & square), people would have remembered he isn't some untalented bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X