No announcement yet.

Jean Pascal says Bute is ducking him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean Pascal says Bute is ducking him

So, does that mean Pascal was willing to come down to 168 to fight Bute? If its true Bute is fighting all these other fighters when he could have fought Pascal, is that a duck move by Bute?

Pascal isn't the attraction that Bute has become over the years... if Pascal wants him, he has to go down in weight. Bute also has alot of work to do at 168 once the super six is done.

There was talk of Bute going up if Pascal beat Hopkins but that didn't happen. I wouldn't mind see the fight instead of Pavlik who I think isn't a world class fighter anymore with what he showed in his last fight.

Comment

I'm a big Bute fan. But, with his recent opponents, I just don't see him stepping up the competition. So, I couldn't completely say this is untrue. While I'm not sure he's ducking Pascal in specific, I would say in general he might be avoiding the biggest fights until he gets as much money as he wants.

Still, it could be an exciting fight and one I hope we see before one of them ****s up and loses badly and embarrassingly before it happens.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ght=bute+balls

Comment

Lucian Bute has always stayed a good distance from Pascal.

Bute is doing what Tim Bradley is doing. Enjoying an agreement that pays him just as good a money fighting bums as he would get fighting world class opponents.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Bute and Kessler. Both men seem to think they are entitled to first dibs on the Super 6 winner and neither man seems to have any desire to actually earn it.

Comment

Jean Pascal should just shut up, train, and win some fights. Bute is not even in the same division. Bute's plan had already been mapped out and it leads to the winner of the Super Six. After that, if Pascal wants to get beat up and lose fans in Quebec (and rest of Canada), then go for it.

Comment

Big fight for Canada I guess, personally I'd rather see him get in the mix with super six.

Comment

Working...
              X