Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters, camps, promoters who look at boxing scene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GOAT Charlie Zelenoff use to post here

Comment

Wilder, if you can read hey try fighting a ranked fighter rather than the typical Tomato Can

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        I'm sure there's lots they'd never reveal themselves though. Apart from Iceman John Scully, don't see him around much though.
        Ha, u guys should have been on the AOL boards and chat room back around 1998-2004...Sugar Ray Leonard was on there (I know because I helped him make his screen name because i was pretty sure people would get REALLY stupid with him once they realized it was really him. Luckily, we avoided that). I also know for sure that both Zab and Floyd used to be in the chat room sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
          I remember Shawn Porter used to post on here(or at least made a thread) in like 2009 I think. It was right after he finished sparring Pac in his camp for the Cotto fight if I remember correctly.
          He definitely posted here around the time that I registered, before he moved down to 147.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            A lot of them must read this site religiously! Sometimes they regurgitate exactly what we say a few days later. Lol..
            Yep. I see that happen all the time. I think most of them read the stories on the main page and then look at the comments. They probably don't go as far as to go into the forum and read the "Fighter A is Ducking Fighter B and Fighter B is the A-side" threads.

Before I made an account I didn't know there was a forum. I'd read the stories on the main page then read the comments. I didn't know the comments were posted from the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Yep. I see that happen all the time. I think most of them read the stories on the main page and then look at the comments. They probably don't go as far as to go into the forum and read the "Fighter A is Ducking Fighter B and Fighter B is the A-side" threads.

Before I made an account I didn't know there was a forum. I'd read the stories on the main page then read the comments. I didn't know the comments were posted from the forum.
              I agree. Before I joined this site in early and mid-2000s, I used to post at Doghouseboxing (not sure if it still exists). There too, they used to come. I remember Wilder in particular posting there before his pro debut.

I think boxers are more educated these days and read what is being said about them. Sometimes they even base their negotiations on what they read on these forums (Boxingscene being the best of all, bar none, not even close).

I'm guessing NSB is very important to Boxingscene. I bet more people come here than go to the main site.

It's a good thing! Peace.
              Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-16-2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

they all used to at least lurk before twitter became mainstream.....twitter must be killing this site's revenue tbf

Comment

A lot of promoters look at this site. We'd say at least 75% of major promoters check out boxing scene on a daily basis.

It's a lot more hit and miss with fighters. Once twitter and instagram became popular, fighters checking out the message boards became a lot less common.

In terms of people posting on this board under fake names, we know of at least a few promoters that do that. Boxing scene is a very important propaganda tool in this business. There may be a handful of top fighters posting here, but they're far more likely to have fake names on twitter and instagram to troll their haters.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    hahaha i could see it

SOurce?
                    Wasn't actually Carl Froch. It was a very known comedy based poster from site.

But, Shawn Porter did used to post on here.

Jin Mosley too.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                      Ha, u guys should have been on the AOL boards and chat room back around 1998-2004...Sugar Ray Leonard was on there (I know because I helped him make his screen name because i was pretty sure people would get REALLY stupid with him once they realized it was really him. Luckily, we avoided that). I also know for sure that both Zab and Floyd used to be in the chat room sometimes.
                      they still here.

They just keep it top secrect

Comment

Working...
                      X