Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Wilder be a Prime Foreman's biggest kryptonite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There aren't many heavyweights that would be able to handle Foreman.

I could be wrong, but I see this turning out like Foreman vs. Cooney.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Prime Foreman was not chinny. You make it sound like the 25 year old 220 pound Foreman had a weak chin but the fat 43 year old Foreman had a good chin. Chins don't get better with age. Foreman was a good champion who beat guys like Frazier. Wilder has good hand speed, height, reach and power. Wilder has yet to even fight top competition. He isn't a giant Hearns or a Sonny Liston. Wilder is sloppy and wild and makes lots of mistakes. He often throws very wide punches leaving himself open and he has a much worse chin than Foreman. I think the Foreman who won the title by KOing Frazier in two brutal rounds would also KO today's Wilder. You are trying to turn Wilder into an all time great heavyweight. He isn't great. He is just a WBC belt holder who has yet to fight a top 5 heavyweight. For him to be considered great he would need to improve very much and defeat today's best heavyweights.
      But Foreman never faced a heavy weight who was as tall or as strong as wilder. Wilder's power is also comparable to Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
        Wilder and Foreman don't belong in the same sentence, yet alone the same boxing ring.
        Wilder has height advantage.

Comment

Foreman was "Chinny"? WTF?

Clearly that guy only seen the Clip of Ali dropping Foreman and never bothered to watch the rest of his career. Only reason why he went down vs Ali is because Foreman came forward that entire fight and was throwing BOMBS and just got Tired
          Last edited by sicko; 02-25-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
            Foreman got cheated by slack ropes. If there was no cheating, he would have KTFO Ali.

I don't really know how to compare Foreman to this modern era of giant fighters. He would be a midget in the division. I can't make a proper analysis stylistically.

But the idea that Wilder would be his kryptonite gave me cancer. So **** you.
            I don't think that's a good enough excuse. It's not like that's the only fight you can see rope-a-dope vs big man playout. Ali was using a mix of techniques popularized by LaStarza and Walcott who developed them as an answer for the Schmeling style.

George was using Big Man game. In theory using the elbows and ropes should work well against big man and in practice it worked for Ali.

You can blame the ropes if you like, but I'm fairly confident it'd've played out more or less the same regardless.

IMO, without changing his fight plan the only way Foreman could have won is if he's actually had the constitution to keep punching the full fight, or more power. I know george hit hard, but he also had big hands which disperse the energy more than smaller hands. You really want a ball-peen hammer effect to break bones and naturally Foreman is more of a sledge. If he'd developed bone breaking power he could have caused too much trauma for Ali's limbs to function similar to how Marciano beat LaStarza and Moore.

Either way, the ropes is one sissy excuse for one of the greatest HWs of all time. To **** with that, Ali had the better plan.

As far as OP is concerned, I doubt it. George uses the same tactics as Wilder but comes with cleaner punches and better feints. I know it's trendy to never give Wilder any credit at all, but personally I think Deontay's got George on footwork and controlling the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              Either way, the ropes is one sissy excuse for one of the greatest HWs of all time. To **** with that, Ali had the better plan.
              Of course Ali had the better plan. He had George 90% beat before they stepped into the ring. He made George dance to his tune. He won the mental game, and did so in a huge way. Rope-a-dope wouldn't have worked so well if George was smarter, but he was way too angry to be smart.

Put the best version of Foreman in a ring with the best version of Ali, with no mind games leading up to it, with no slack ropes, with nothing but the best of their boxing ability? Foreman would be more than 50/50 to win.

Comment

I may be mistaken, but i think tonight, spaced over 2 different threads, that i have read that Wilder has a great chance of beating Foreman. That he is better than Lewis, and that he beats Ali and Tyson. I think Holyfield may have been mentioned also.
                Yet these weren't even troll threads.

Taking that in consideration, i've read tonight that Wilder is possibly the greatest HW to ever compete.

It's late here and i'm tired. Hopefully i awaken tomorrow to find that i was mistaken and it was all a bad dream. I mean, that's the only possible explanation, isn't it?
                Last edited by Chrismart; 02-24-2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                  I may be mistaken, but i think tonight, spaced over 2 different threads, that i have read that Wilder has a great chance of beating Foreman. That he is better than Lewis, and that he beats Ali and Tyson. Yet these weren't even troll threads.

Taking that in consideration, i've read tonight that Wilder is possibly the greatest HW to ever compete.

It's late here and i'm tired. Hopefully i awaken tomorrow to find that i was mistaken and it was all a bad dream. I mean, that's the only possible explanation, isn't it?
                  No.. you have actually seen that. The person responsible also said that Deontay Wilder is a better boxer than chocolatito, Ward, Rigo and prime floyd.. I fooking kid you not.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                    No.. you have actually seen that. The person responsible also said that Deontay Wilder is a better boxer than chocolatito, Ward, Rigo and prime floyd.. I fooking kid you not.
                    it's not my fault that you don't know what words mean.

if floyd fought wilder, who do you think would have won? obviously wilder because wilder is a better boxer than floyd.

not sure why this is confusing for you. it's very simple.

Comment

That laughable coward who gets stunned by handpicked cabdrivers? He would never step into a ring against Foreman.

/thread

Comment

Working...
                      X