Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much blame should Dwyer get for hyping up James Degale?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much blame should Dwyer get for hyping up James Degale?

I'm a fan of Dwyer, I'd say I agree with about 90% of what he says and his post fight breakdowns are excellent. However, I think he has to own up to this as a huge misfire.

Some golden quotes regarding Degale : "I think James Degale is one of the top 5 best P4P fighters in the sport"

"James Degale could move up to lightheavy weight and rule the division"

"James Degale would stop Golovkin"

I feel like most people who hyped Degale never actually saw him fight, they just listened to Dwyer and basically copied his talking points. When you hear people say things like "Degale is great on the inside". No, hes not. That's a Dwyer talking point.

I'd say Dwyer is one of the top people responsible for the Degale hype.

It's not to say Degale isn't a good fighter. He is a good fighter. But he's not at the level Dwyer thinks he is. He faded against Bute, Jack, Medina and Dirrell after starting very strong in all four of those fights.

Big D is still the man. But he's way off on this one.

Who is Dwyer? Bill Dywer of the LA Times?

Comment

He said some wacky things before. Like porter can beat ggg and tim bradley vs golovkin would be a close fight.

Comment

reasonable voice but very emotional thinker.

tell me how this logic makes sense.

the blueprint to beat james degale is with relentless pressure like Porky Medina applied. while in that same exact video he said James Degale would stop Golovkin.

That is a very biased emotional thinker.

Comment

this is annother night where he lost big btw. his recommended bets were Degale by stoppage hedged by degale by decision.

lost on both sides.

Comment

lol. Someone had bet big on Dwyer and they're complaining about their losses! lol

Comment

LOL well Degale is talented. He just gasses. What I will never understand was Dwyer's love affair with Mundine.

Comment

i dont watch his channel, but I always read on the forum, that most of the times his picks are wrong? So why does anyone value his opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                  I'm a fan of Dwyer, I'd say I agree with about 90% of what he says and his post fight breakdowns are excellent. However, I think he has to own up to this as a huge misfire.

Some golden quotes regarding Degale : "I think James Degale is one of the top 5 best P4P fighters in the sport"

"James Degale could move up to lightheavy weight and rule the division"

"James Degale would stop Golovkin"

I feel like most people who hyped Degale never actually saw him fight, they just listened to Dwyer and basically copied his talking points. When you hear people say things like "Degale is great on the inside". No, hes not. That's a Dwyer talking point.

I'd say Dwyer is one of the top people responsible for the Degale hype.

It's not to say Degale isn't a good fighter. He is a good fighter. But he's not at the level Dwyer thinks he is. He faded against Bute, Jack, Medina and Dirrell after starting very strong in all four of those fights.

Big D is still the man. But he's way off on this one.
                  Omg this has to be a sick joke. You actually just co-signed one of the worst Boxing tipsters walking the face of the earth on Boxing Scene?. You must have a horrible profit loss ratio if you gamble using his advice.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                    Omg this has to be a sick joke. You actually just co-signed one of the worst Boxing tipsters walking the face of the earth on Boxing Scene?. You must have a horrible profit loss ratio if you gamble using his advice.
                    lol i don't gamble. I enjoy listening to his breakdowns and he's usually right with regards to which fighter is good and which fighter is not.

He was high on Fury and picked him to beat Klitschko and he got that one right.

But with regards to Degale, and Mundine, I don't know what he sees in them. He said Degale was top 5 P4P. I don't see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X