Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beating Paul Smith earns you the number 2 spot on a P4P list...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Yeah I know who Golovkin fought - a bunch of no hopers. So why is he rated 4th in the world exactly?

Apparently Andre Ward's accomplishments from the past are erased. But Gennady Golovkin is justified P4P number 4 when the best wins in his entire career are Murray and Geale
    Golovkin must be important to Ward, since he's been calling him out. It's not just because Golovkin's people said they want anyone from 154-168 either. It's because a win against GGG will re-ignite Ward's career. Andre knows it & so does everyone who claims GGG is nothing special. Trouble is, Gennady doesn't need Ward. He'll finish unifying his MW division, and hand Ward's ass to him later.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
      Golovkin must be important to Ward, since he's been calling him out. It's not just because Golovkin's people said they want anyone from 154-168 either. It's because a win against GGG will re-ignite Ward's career. Andre knows it & so does everyone who claims GGG is nothing special. Trouble is, Gennady doesn't need Ward. He'll finish unifying his MW division, and hand Ward's ass to him later.
      Errr...ok then. That still doesn't answer my question about what Golovkin's current credentials are to being Number 4 in the world.

You criticise me for using actual achievements for Andre Ward because he has been inactive and they happened in the past.

But your reasoning for Golovkin being there includes "people are scared of him" and "he will unify MW and beat Ward's ass"

So you're using hypothetical wins over people who are apparently scared and mythical future wins that haven't happened yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Errr...ok then. That still doesn't answer my question about what Golovkin's current credentials are to being Number 4 in the world.

You criticise me for using actual achievements for Andre Ward because he has been inactive and they happened in the past.

But your reasoning for Golovkin being there includes "people are scared of him" and "he will unify MW and beat Ward's ass"

So you're using hypothetical wins over people who are apparently scared and mythical future wins that haven't happened yet
        You will criticize any opponent that Golovkin has beaten regardless, because you are a Golovkin hater, so what's the point? Conversely, you will praise Ward despite any point made to the contrary. I put it to you to wait and see sir! This debate will be settled soon enough in the ring by the fighters themselves, not by you & I jawing back & forth. Can we at least agree on that? Good evening to you, sir. Pip, pip, cherry-oh, & all that sort of rot!

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
          You will criticize any opponent that Golovkin has beaten regardless, because you are a Golovkin hater, so what's the point? Conversely, you will praise Ward despite any point made to the contrary. I put it to you to wait and see sir! This debate will be settled soon enough in the ring by the fighters themselves, not by you & I jawing back & forth. Can we at least agree on that? Good evening to you, sir. Pip, pip, cherry-oh, & all that sort of rot!
          "Wait and see" - lol again, Golovkin's ranking is based on hypothetical situations and mythical wins!

Yet Ward's real wins don't count?

Amazing!

Comment

• Given his hugging tactics and the need to always fight in Oakland, I don't see him as number two. When you more or less leave the sport for two years, I think you should have to start back down at the bottom. Why Wladimir was dropped is another good question. He did not disappear for years on end. He's been active, defending his title for the past ten years. And before anyone says I mentioned hugging, yes, he did clinch in the Povetkin fight to an absurd level but there were plenty of other fights where he did not. With his consistency, I don't see why he got dropped down. The whole new ratings don't make a lot of sense really. On a happy note, I am glad to see Roman Gonzalez in first place. The little guys often get no credit.

Comment

Working...
            X