No announcement yet.

Canelo's weight explained

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    Fact is Canelo outweight Floyd by 15lbs and still got walked down by the feather fisted, smaller man.

love this narrative from people who dont watch fights and just regurgitate the ramblings of roger mayweather, a guy who contributed a lot to the sport as a fighter and trainer, but who was genuinely senile by the end.

show me where floyd walked canelo down. like, tell me rounds or parts of rounds. i was at that fight. he circled for virtually the entire night.

Comment

alvarez 100% put on 10-20 lbs when he was at 154 and 155. that weight isn't just water. it's also food. these guys who cut weight skip meals on the week of the fight in addition to drying out.

two gallons of water weighs about 16 lbs. it's not inconceivable that these guys put on that kind of weight. it's actually well documented that they do. it's even more drastic in MMA, where the fights are only 15 minutes long and the guys are much more muscular throughout their bodies and can dry out more.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
        Facts? Please elaborate. What is your documentation that Canelo weighted 15lbs more than Floyd?
        It's called a fight night weight dumb ass. If you had watched the fight then you would have seen that Floyd weighed 150lbs on fight night and Canelo weighed 165lbs.

Fact that you don't know that proves that you talkin out your ass.

Comment

Both sho and hbo have said that the fight night weight they list on the telecast for mayweather is what he tells them he weighs he doesn't allow them to weight him so you really don't know how heavy or light floyd was but canelo did allow himself and he was 165 which was low from his fight before where he was 172 which started rumors after the fight of a rehydration clause.

Comment

[QUOTE=LADIV;18306539]
            Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
            Canelo is a heavyweight weight bully golovkin is a small middleweight who bullys welterweights....fixed it for you
            I was kidding, everyone repeats the "golovkin is a small middleweight" yet he's bigger than canelo but canelo gets criticized for "weight bullying" they think he's bigger than golovkin ffs

Comment

Fight night weights are usually done fully clothed.

Comment

[QUOTE=LADIV;18306539]
                Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                Canelo is a heavyweight weight bully golovkin is a small middleweight who bullys welterweights....fixed it for you
                Shut it phaggott. Get an adult avatar already. All this teenage heavy metal sh it is corny.

"ooh, mom my new avatar is a semen demon on fire" ~LADIV

Comment

Buncha wall fearing peasants.

Comment

I mean this thread is obsolete. I have always criticized the 155 BS Caneloweight championship -- even when it was Cotto defending the Cottoweight championship.

But Canelo is at 160 now, and he's fighting legit 160 fighters. So whats the point of Canelo's weight?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      love this narrative from people who dont watch fights and just regurgitate the ramblings of roger mayweather, a guy who contributed a lot to the sport as a fighter and trainer, but who was genuinely senile by the end.

show me where floyd walked canelo down. like, tell me rounds or parts of rounds. i was at that fight. he circled for virtually the entire night.
                      Circled the whole fight? Now who's regurgitating nonsense that he heard on the streets.

Comment

Working...
                      X