Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: Deontay Wilder turned down £10million!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    What are you taking bout? lil g turned down 10mil from golden boy last year....
    Razordork meant to say that GBP told GGG & Loeffler, ''fight Jacobs and then we'll give you Canelo, all for 10 million inclusive contract, because we promote Jacobs too....''

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      I agree, to an extent. For big fights, B Sides shouldn't take a flat fee. However in this case, I think the offer is really not bad. 10m quid is $17.5m, and Joshua is not Canelo. What has been AJ's highest purse, $15-20m? It's not gonna be much more than that, and Wilder wont get 50%.

In best case scenario if we assume that this fight generates $50M, and Wilder gets 50%, that's $25M, assuming they split all profits equally (usually not). I think realistically, this fight generates ~30-40m and Wilder gets 40%.

If he wants to insist on a split, I wont hold it against him though.
      $17.5 millions is serious money stand is really fair as long as the fighters pot is not more than $50 million.

The thing is though if the fight does more than $50 million in what the fighters total pot is both guys should partake. That is really not a hard thing to do though and it is an obvious move because if you offer someone a flat fee there is no incentive to sell a fight and 17.5 million is a lot to be paying a guy to not really sell a fight. There needs to be incentive for the other guy to really help sell the fight which is needed when talking these kinds of numbers.

That sort of thing should be no issue though because that means the fight did insanely well, it should not be hard to have provisions for if the fight does insanely well.

Plus this is being really simple about it because there are a lot of parts that would have to be in that deal, because the revenue split would be heavily dependent on where that revenue came from (with Joshua taking the lions share of the UK and Wilder maybe getting the higher split in the US revenue).

Comment

As usual the usual suspects are leaping to Wilder's defense and dismissing everything yet when Wilder posts a video on social media talking nonsense it's gospel doe. Yeah never has a fighter barked and then gone hiding when a bluff is called. If this was the exact opposite way around this place would have about 100 threads of how AJ is a punk and Wilder has proven himself as the undisputed champ.

Comment

I've seen this before. Pretty soon it'll be £15M he turned down

Comment

Wilder is a ccowardly fraud and an embarrasment to the proud african american people.

They should dennounce and excommunicate him.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              Offering a flat fee for a big fight is always a lowball. Pacquiao rightfully snubbed Mayweather's flat fee "offer" and Golovkin did Canelo's too, and in the end they got the purses they deserved once fan pressure finally forced Mayweather and Canelo to negotiate in good faith. Joshua and Hearn have made it clear that Wilder isn't next so anything they offer right now is hot air
              Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              What are you taking bout? lil g turned down 10mil from golden boy last year....
              That wasn't an offer to fight GGG next doe. It was for a fight over a year down the line. Big difference.

Comment

First it was 2 then 3 then 4 then 7 now 10? He offered him 1 billlioonnnnn dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  Offering a flat fee for a big fight is always a lowball. Pacquiao rightfully snubbed Mayweather's flat fee "offer" and Golovkin did Canelo's too, and in the end they got the purses they deserved once fan pressure finally forced Mayweather and Canelo to negotiate in good faith. Joshua and Hearn have made it clear that Wilder isn't next so anything they offer right now is hot air
                  Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  I agree, to an extent. For big fights, B Sides shouldn't take a flat fee. However in this case, I think the offer is really not bad. 10m quid is $17.5m, and Joshua is not Canelo. What has been AJ's highest purse, $15-20m? It's not gonna be much more than that, and Wilder wont get 50%.

In best case scenario if we assume that this fight generates $50M, and Wilder gets 50%, that's $25M, assuming they split all profits equally (usually not). I think realistically, this fight generates ~30-40m and Wilder gets 40%.

If he wants to insist on a split, I wont hold it against him though.
                  Hearn isn't saying it's a flat fee or nothing doe and he isn't trying to get Wilder to agree terms for a fight 18 months down the line. Oscar tried both with GGG.

Comment

Didnt Wilder say he didnt want to fight a peasant ? Isnt Breazeale another Joshua victim loss ? lol

Bring on Fujimoto ,i dare Wilder to fight this guy ......

Comment

£10 million is about 25% of the purse. The problem people don't seem to realise is that the purse is being split three ways. AJ/Hearn/Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X