Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Losses Would You Put Blame on the Corner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Losses Would You Put Blame on the Corner?

Not to make excuses for a fighter but what fights do you think a corner played a major role in a fighters loss?

For instance, when Tyson fought Douglas, his corner led by Aaron Snowell didn't even have an enswell in Tokyo and Tyson couldn't see because his eye completely shut. Tyson was definitely ill prepared but his corner did not help him in any way.

I'm not sure if Atlas, Steward & Dundee in his corner woulda saved Tyson vs Douglas that night.

I think there is a ton of L's guys have taken in the ring just cuz cornermen aren't insightful enough. Or helpful or bold enough to tell their fighters they are losing. I'm always surprised by how seldom cornermen mention being behind in a fight & needing to make something happen. I mean in the 5th round of a 10 rounder being down 2-3 isn't a big deal, but if its clearly 0-5 your trainer should be like "wtf we doing out there bruh, 0-5". I think a bunch of fights get lost just not being mindful of where a guy is at in the fight & complacent with the status quo of a fight.

Comment

probably wouldnt have made a difference, because Floyd was just on another level, but McGirt trying to get Gatti to jab and box with Mayweather had to be one of the dumbest strategies in the past 30 years.

Comment

Kelly Pavlik vs Sergio Martinez

Kelly had to have one of the worst cutman i've ever seen. A competent cut man could of made a difference that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Owlzfan84 View Post
          Kelly Pavlik vs Sergio Martinez

Kelly had to have one of the worst cutman i've ever seen. A competent cut man could of made a difference that night.
          when it comes to bad cutmen, Juan Diaz cutman in the Nate Campbell fight also gets honorable mention lol

Comment

Been awhile since I've seen it, but didn't Nacho advise Juan to take the 12th round off against Manny in the 3rd fight? He said something along the lines of "the fight is yours!"

Why would you say that when you complained about being robbed twice before?

Comment

Oscar L to Tito
              Taylor L to Chavez
              Devon L to Martinez

Comment

Hatton against Mayweather but only because he went head first into it.

Comment

eubank jr vs billy joe saunders

wrong game plan for eubank and the best thing his dad can tell him on the late rounds is : just go and knock him out JR.

Comment

Working...
                  X