Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse Unofficially Agrees To Fight Maldonado Jr. May 3rd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBP is a joke, they have the best welterweight stable and they're feeding them cans

Comment

I guess this is a confidence building fight ...

Comment

Trying to give a show for the Argentines ... Ko for Lucas . So they feel like they got they're money's worth when Floyd beats Chino .. Smart .

Comment

I don't see that big of a deal with this. It's just a tuneup fight to get back into things. I'm sure later this year he'll have a big fight again.

Comment

So Khan, Broner, and Matthysse are all going to be in the undercard for Floyd but all will be fighting different opponents?

Talk about teasing the fans. Three of the most exciting and polarizing fighters in their stable will fight on the same night, but not against each other. On top of that with the exception of Khan(Collazo?) the other two are fighting insignificant opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
              I don't see that big of a deal with this. It's just a tuneup fight to get back into things. I'm sure later this year he'll have a big fight again.
              The big deal is, he's good enough to be fighting for a title as we speak, and doesn't need to waste his time with this guy, and doesn't need fans saying, "he fought a bum! he doesn't deserve such and such fight!", after he wrecks dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                So Khan, Broner, and Matthysse are all going to be in the undercard for Floyd but all will be fighting different opponents?

Talk about teasing the fans. Three of the most exciting and polarizing fighters in their stable will fight on the same night, but not against each other. On top of that with the exception of Khan(Collazo?) the other two are fighting insignificant opposition.
                That's what I'm saying.

Comment

Hasnt Lucas seriously considered retirement on more than one occasion? This isnt new just shows how serious he is about the sport. Some guys are just so proud and ashamed they lost and it takes a bit to get over. It's like a messy break up...its weird for them showing their face again. Hell, nowhere near in scale but even when I'd lose in amateur fights I would cringe when I saw everyone the next day. Kinda walk of shame it into the gym lol.

Plus, isnt Lucas kind of a solitary dude? Probably takes him a bit longer to deal with it on his own than it does many who surround themselves with a lot of people. Probably feels like he let everyone including his country down its not easy especially as he probably sees this as his first actual defeat.

Injury wise though he's been carrying that since the Vivian Harris fight though hasnt he? He's done fine since and suffered a freak type injury (the way it happened) vs Danny but if it properly healed he should be fine. We've seen dudes like Malignaggi take beatings since and not have an issue. Same with Angulo he took a super beatdown and his eye held up. Marg more an exception as his broke early, took a besting and pac's manner of wrapping certainly doesnt help i assume.

This is clearly just a confidence booster. I expect him to win... But then again i expected Danny to win big as well. :|... I think we might have underestimated the amount of big punches they both took that night a soft touch is def needed
                  Last edited by NearHypnos; 03-17-2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X