Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali most overrated Heavyweight of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your list is garbage, and the fighters you listed (that are still alive) would all say Ali would have beaten them (and he would have beaten/clowned most of them).

Comment

I see Vitali Klitschko and Wlad stopping Ali. They both have very good jabs and being 6'7 and 6'6 and 245 pounds, they are just going to bully Ali. Ali is not a puncher, he doesn't have one punch KO and breaks opponents down, but you can't grind an opponent whose far bigger than you and just as skilled. Wlad could easily Povetkin-Wlad his way in UDing Ali.

Lennox Lewis beats Ali, same for Wlad and Vitali along with Tyson but these 4 are the only heavyweights yet that I would choose over Ali.

People forget that in most of Ali's fight, he has big size advantage because during at the time being 6'3 and 225 pounds is a "Big Heavyweight" but he won't against the men I mentioned.

I see Mike Tyson brutally knocking Ali out.
      Last edited by Thraxox; 05-21-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
        Ali was a good Heavyweight boxer but not the best of all time not even top 5. I hated how people overrate his career. Ali is more of a human symbolism than a Top 5 Heavyweight boxer off all time. Especially now that he is dead people overrate him not knowing **** about boxing. RIP to Ali but I got to keep it real.

My Top 5 Heavyweight of All Time that can easily beat Ali in their Prime. (in no order)

- Jack Johnson
        - Rocky Marciano
        - Mike Tyson
        - Vitali Klitschko
        - Anthony Joshua
        He beat Liston, Foreman and Frazier yet you think he'd have a problem with Marciano?

Don't procreate.

Comment

I agree he was overrated, but no way does Jack Johnson beat him. Don't even belong in the same ring together. Nor do I see Mr. Roboto/Klitschko beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            I see Vitali Klitschko and Wlad stopping Ali. They both have very good jabs and being 6'7 and 6'6 and 245 pounds, they are just going to bully Ali. Ali is not a puncher, he doesn't have one punch KO and breaks opponents down, but you can't grind an opponent whose far bigger than you and just as skilled. Wlad could easily Povetkin-Wlad his way in UDing Ali.

Lennox Lewis beats Ali, same for Wlad and Vitali along with Tyson but these 4 are the only heavyweights yet that I would choose over Ali.

Lewis would get whooped. Getting murked by Rahman and McCall is shameful.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post

People forget that in most of Ali's fight, he has big size advantage because during at the time being 6'3 and 225 pounds is a "Big Heavyweight" but he won't against the men I mentioned.

Ali didn't struggle against big strong guys, it was smaller pressure fighters that troubled him. He would easily box circles around both Klitschko's and Lewis. They're nowhere near as skilled as Ali, don't have the speed, reflex or footwork either. They're bigger and stronger for sure but what use is that if you're going to struggle landing on the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
                As in get him you surely don’t mean KO?
                Probably not, but hey who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                  Mike was my fav fighter ever but Ali would have spanked him. On the night he lost to Buster Douglas, although Mike was underprepared, you could see the blue print to beating him. Douglas looked like Ali that night, moving, bouncing and shooting that lazer sharp jab. Now imagine the same thing from someone twice as good.
                  I don't look at that night because Tyson wasn't at his best. I look at their best in their prime. I would choose the 88' version of Tyson.

Comment

Wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt to hear your take but when I saw Anthony Joshua, everything you said became laughable. Most of you new school kids hardly understand what Ali represented in boxing. To give you perspective, Ali after 70 was essentially out of his prime years and he still had the biggest victories of his career during that span in beating Foreman (whom he had no business beating), Frazier, Norton, Shavers etc. Now you want to take about the Ultimate fighting machine, go back and look at the 1964-1966 version of Muhammed Ali. No heavyweight alive touches that guy.

If you are too big, he boxes around you, if you are too small he uses his reach and size advantage, the guy has the speed, stamina, the chin, the reflexes, the quickness, the guy does a pull counter as a heavyweight, the thing you all see Floyd do and you marvel at. Of all the guys you mentioned, no disrespect to Joshua but he doesn't belong but for all others, he's either too fast, too quick, carries them too fast over 15 rounds till they tire or has too much character (especially for 88 Tyson). Ali is very, very special. I agree we overrate him sometimes but go back and look at his body of work and you will understand why. If I would give one or two fighters the chance to be at him in his prime, it would either be Evander Holyfield or maybe the later version of Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Ali had some big holes in his game that people forget. His right always down while throwing a jab is how he got Parkinson for example. Half of the big names he defeated were big for defeating him. Don't get me wrong, he was great, for his time, but wouldn't have a place against the SHW

Comment

Working...
                      X