Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC needs to quit BS'ing and make its own belt now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBC needs to quit BS'ing and make its own belt now!

Im not a fan of PBC (in general) but I am a boxing fan and it painful to see boxing in such a bad state. For boxing to get out of this slump PBC needs to quit BS'ing and create its own belt. By doing so itll stick it to the other sanctioning belts and itll really hurt all the other promoters.

Its obvious what Haymon is doing, hes a manager/advisor so hes looking out for his clients, getting them paid and getting them a "world title" but there is no supremacy or star power with all these different champs. Its also good for the boxer but not good for the sport. Look at 154 for example, drop all those belts and have those guys fight for 1 damn title. Haymon really just needs to disassociate himself from all other en****** if he wants to become successful because in all reality doing business with the likes of Top Rank could be dangerous, TR is small but they could go head to head with PBC and win in most weight classes. Basically PBC needs to go Wal-Mart on everyone.

Thoughts?

i completely agree, i also think he shpuld put all his fights on 1 or 2 networks , no fs1, bounce spike but a top tier free t.v like abc, cbs , fox or nbc(no ****in cable azz sh11t like espn, fox sports showtime or any kind of cable network

with 1 or 2 channels, your fights become fights that easily accessed and the networks can create storylines

if pbc has their own belt, they dont need to bow down to corrupt abc belts, they should still fight fighters that are not pbc fighters all the time but at least their fighters are forced to fight fighters from within the pbc in fights with a purpose, fights that lead to somewhere bigger

Comment

Way too late. PBC bout to die. 2.5 million is bad numbers for such a big fight on free TV. Haymon is done. GBP bout to take over boxing.

Comment

I think it's too early for a PBC belt. And the more I think about it the more I think they should just throw some weight behind some current rankings like maybe the Transnational rankings or better yet they and other en****** (HBO, major promoters, managers, etc.) should support a boxing writers and pundits ranking like the UFC does that'll end the rankings corruption completely.

All and all I see a PBC belt being like a lesser version of the Ring belt these days with 2x the favoritism towards Haymon's boxers making it a limp dick of a belt that no one would or should care about.

This rankings/belts problem is bigger than Haymon and it'll take more than Haymon and PBC to fix.

Comment

unless every fighter moves to pbc adding another belt doesn't help the there are too many belts in boxing argument it only makes it worse and thats only proven so by you saying they could lose if they go head to head with top rank in most weight classes i.e the pbc belt is worthless because the best fighters cant compete for it

Comment

Creating their own belts isn't going to solve anything right now. What they need to keep doing is making Thurman vs Porter fights. Fights that are significant. Fights that matter and fights that will generate interest and good ratings. Too often the have a good fight that makes sense but there is no follow up. We should be heading into Thurman vs Garcia right now. Spence vs someone relevant and so on. Easier said then done, though, I understand that but my point is they've been dragging their feet more often than not.

Comment

That's sensible. It would minimize the excuse of not fighting each other in the same stable.

Comment

I think the belts we already in planning

If they set it up right now, The number 1 company that it would be just another belt. No different then the 19 that already exist

The way I see it their too guys are all or soon to be fighting it out in divisions they have a stronghold on so when a winner emerges they are legitimately the #1 guy in the division. In about a year or so they'll have the #1 guy at 126,147,154,168 with a top 2-3 guy in 135,140, 160,CW , HW once the dust settles then I see them bringing on the belts because they can make a claim that this is where the top fighters are.

Comment

they already have one, the brooklyn belt that paulie won vs judah

Comment

The last thing boxing needs is more titles/belts especially one that only a PBC fighter would be eligible to fight for. People say this one or that one is a paper champion because there are so many titles floating around now, we never get a true division champ, adding a PBC belt would only make it worse and even more watered down in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X