Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford AGAIN since winning, on fighting Spence "It Has To Make Sense"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are definitely on a collision course. I have no problem with them each having about three more fights each until they meet. Late 2019 or first half of 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
      4:18:

More: 'He's doing his job, I am doing my Job and when we meet up it will be big'

7:15:
      "Me and him have to find out who is the king, in the future it will happen it's going to be for the welterweight supremacy"

First time he said it:
      Crawford "I just think business wise it has to make sense,"
      http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...rd-believes-so

So that means he's Ducking fighting Spence next right? Of course not, point is both sides clearly have bought into that they are the best and can win out till they meet, and build the fight.

Had to make the thread because some are trying to paint a narrative that Spence is the only one on this plan, when Crawford is too. Including Arum saying the fight will not be made till it's a more attractive PPV fight.
      Errol Spence is building a money machine on his side of the fence, especially if things break his way (Garcia-Porter happens in August, Spence vs the winner happens December/January, IBF makes Ugas the mandatory and he gets that out of the way, and the Thurman fight happens before the end of Summer 2019, before closing out 2019 with a defense).

Terence Crawford, especially with Manny Pacquiao telling Arum to go **** himself in regards to being fed to Bud (like Oscar was fed to Pacquiao), is in a far less fortunate spot; again fighting in Omaha with $150-$200 ringside seats, Benevidez and Ponomarev being the only real options that Top Rank has for him to fight, with the ESPN+ stuff limiting the scope of folks who even care if he fights. He's got a cool guarantee coming from Top Rank allegedly, but he's not positioned to grow that into anything, especially with Arum running his business the way that he does.

The moment that Spence Jr moves to AT&T Stadium, any split on a Spence-Crawford fight immediately becomes an 80/20 Spence situation, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        It’s not even the “making business sense”, do we really think Arum and Haymon are going to strike a deal next? Impossible. Arum has worked recently the occasional fight on big fights with other promoters (Linares and Rigo) but Haymon doesn’t unless it’s one of his lesser clients.

Both sides would also insist on it being on their TV deal.
        Lol. When was the last time that you saw a Top Rank fighter actually fight under someone else's banner. For arguments' sake, let's count from after Pacquiao fought under Floyd's banner and Arum grumbled his way through his side seeing $100m-$150m on that fight.

Al Haymon sends his guys to fight wherever they can get a deal that makes sense, whether it be with Showtime or PBC, with Eddie or Frank in the UK, on ESPN or HBO, or even back in their home countries under a local show featuring local TV.

Arum only works with anyone else when he can dictate terms to someone else; that changes even a bit and he ****s on everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          It's a big fight. But, in a year it's a BIG fight and in 2 years it's a BIG fight.
          It absolutely makes sense to build these two up a bit more and really make this fight something special. This is the entertainment biz after all and you have to orchestrate things to an extent. When you go to see a movie, the climax doesn't come first, you build to it. One of them needs to beat Thurman first. It'll all play out in time I'm sure.

The fan in me wants it now. The business side of me doesn't think they should rush it for a few impatient fans.
          The potential split changes drastically in even 10 months; Spence drew great in New York for the Peterson fight, sold out the venue near Dallas for the Ocampo fight, and imagine the business that Spence vs Garcia/Porter winner would do.

Unless Crawford can get Pacquiao in the ring, there's nothing that Top Rank has for Crawford to try and keep parity, especially with knowing that Spence likely gets a Thurman fight within 10 months of that too.

Comment

Fair enough, it's not a duck as they will face each other eventually and it's not like either guy is waiting for the other to go past-prime. They both have a few years to improve and be in their prime so we ain't missing out

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
              He clearly thinks he's the best and wants the fight. There is no ducking going on here.
              I mean why would he have any doubt???

Comment

I was definitely coming into this thread to bash you but your point was exactly like mine. Neither man is ducking the other. Green for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  I was definitely coming into this thread to bash you but your point was exactly like mine. Neither man is ducking the other. Green for you.
                  For sure. Most guys on here trying to push that narrative are not even fans of either guys. Smh.

Comment

No one is ducking each other, we need to calm down with this ducking thing. These two are probably going to be the last man standing at 147 in the next 18 to 24 months. By that time THIS would be a massive fight. And it would happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X