No announcement yet.

Ward might be Ducking based on Barrera's twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward might be Ducking based on Barrera's twitter

I dont know if you guys are following what is going on on Twitter, but Barrera' accepted short money to fight Andre Ward, but based on Twits from both fighters it looks like Ward might duck. not saying that the fight wont' happen but if it doesn't would you consider that Ward Ducked Barrera (considering Barrera accepted short money).

Anyways funny stuff on twitter if you check Barrera's twitter.

https://twitter.com/sullivanbarrera

Its on HBO to tell Ward to fight Barrera because a lesser opponent will simply not be approved. Ward is just a fake religious jerk like Mark Jackson and rubs everyone the wrong way.

I think the fight will happen.

Comment

Maybe this is what it takes to get Ward to fight. Not upset with this approach from Barrera at all, in fact I commend him for putting the pressure on Ward to make that fight next

Those photos that are on his Twitter Page are hilarious

Comment

Barrera is killing Ward with these pics

Comment

hehe i love it, i hope the fight happens cause i see a good beef story developing. However if Ward doesn't take this fight i feel truly sorry for Ward fans ( i am not a Ward fan myself) because he is putting all of you through a **** storm over the last few years, with lack of fights and now finally bringing some hope for you guys with a half decent opponent and snatching it away if fight falls through.

Comment

Wow, so he can also fights out of the ring!!

lol, good pics by Barrera!

Comment

If the fight going to happen it needs to be announced this week. Barrera deserves to have a full 8 weeks training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                If the fight going to happen it needs to be announced this week. Barrera deserves to have a full 8 weeks training camp.
                True, but he should be in camp and be preparing already.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
                  It's a risky venture training without knowing you're going to fight.

He'll have to pay for gym time he might not use and run the risk of over training if he can't secure a fight until much later.

But I guess in this situation it's best to chance it than to be unprepared.

I just hope the fight comes together.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
                    ^^^ This, I don't believe fighters always wait for official announcements before starting training. I think Barrera should already be working on his weight.

I hope the fight comes off, it has to... it already has pretty good build up with Barrera's twitter antics. If this one falls through for whatever reason then I'm done defending Ward.

Comment

Working...
                    X