Bernard Hopkins vs. Felix Trinidad 475,000 Buys - 2001
    Bernard Hopkins vs Oscar De La Hoya - 1,000,000 Buys - 2004
    Bernard Hopkins vs. Jermain Taylor I 370,000 Buys - 2005
    Bernard Hopkins vs. Jermain Taylor II 410,000 Buys - 2005
    Bernard Hopkins vs. Antonio Tarver 330,000 Buys - 2006
    Bernard Hopkins vs. Winky Wright 305,000 Buys - 2007
    Bernard Hopkins vs Roy Jones Jr II - 150,000 - 2010
    Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson 40,000 Buys - 2012

did hopkins/dawson really only do 40k buys???? wasnt the rematch also on PPV?

Comment

So what are you implying? Oh wow he needs a good dance partner for a solid buyrate that is nothing knew idiot.I hope your not implying BHOP isn't a draw because its dam well amazing he is still the type of draw that he is at his age. And if Adonis looks spectacular well I dont know golden boys plans but they can set that one up for PPV (BHOP vs Adoni) and it does well over 200,000

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
        did hopkins/dawson really only do 40k buys???? wasnt the rematch also on PPV?
        Rematch was regular hbo

Hopkins is a proven PPv draw,, vs a big name he does 300k,,, yes the jones and Dawson fights were flops, but Hopkins vs a big puncher will draw more interest

Comment

Originally posted by face untouched View Post
          So what are you implying? Oh wow he needs a good dance partner for a solid buyrate I hope your not implying BHOP isn't a draw
          All I did was post his PPV history, your conclusion to my post said the bold

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            All I did was post his PPV history, your conclusion to my post said the bold

/thread
            what the hell is the point of this stupid ass thread then? Every guy apart from Floyd need a dance parter for big buyrates thats a common fact.

Comment

If promoted right, Stevenson - Kovalev can get at least 200k PPV by themselves if not more.

No reason for Stevenson to run over to Showtime like Hopkins is the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiasse

Comment

Was it 40? I thought it was 20? Still a big draw, just wouldn't pay 60 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  I would but only big fights, not a cloud or pascal type fight, but vs ward, Chavez, froch, Adonis, kovolev. Then I don't mind the PPv price tag

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Hopkins isn't a big draw though. That's just it.

There was no reason for Stevenson to run over to Showtime like Hopkins was Canelo or someone.

He could've done the same numbers with Kovalev that he can do with Hopkins, if not more.

Comment

Working...
                    X