Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye: "Klitschko Fight Will Happen Next Year" (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye: "Klitschko Fight Will Happen Next Year" (Video)

Originally posted by David Haye
    : "Next year, in my opinion, that fight will happen. There's nowhere else for them guys to go. These guys are renowned tough negotiators, as you see the contracts they make these poor fighters sign and they know I won't sign one of those. So, they'll have to put something respectable in front of me, the fight will get signed and they'll get the same treatment as everyone else.."

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
    He's clutching at straws now. He's talking crap. Every casual fan knows he'll KO audley harrison and are only watching just to see him do it.

I think when he steps up against the klits he will be found severly wanting. he keeps his left hand to low and is only going to weight 215 for teh harrison fight. thats a good 20-30 weight difference to the klits. Plus the klits are very athletic and are fitness guru's themselves.

Comment

Del Boy will get there first.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
        He's clutching at straws now. He's talking crap. Every casual fan knows he'll KO audley harrison and are only watching just to see him do it.

I think when he steps up against the klits he will be found severly wanting. he keeps his left hand to low and is only going to weight 215 for teh harrison fight. thats a good 20-30 weight difference to the klits. Plus the klits are very athletic and are fitness guru's themselves.
        I don't think the weight difference will be a disadvantage, he's best at around 215 cause he can retain his speed and I don't think his punching power will ever be questioned. Ali, Frazier and Foreman (pre 90's) were all around 215-216, I think thats the perfect weight for a HW.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
          I don't think the weight difference will be a disadvantage, he's best at around 215 cause he can retain his speed and I don't think his punching power will ever be questioned. Ali, Frazier and Foreman (pre 90's) were all around 215-216, I think thats the perfect weight for a HW.
          Of course the weight/size difference will be a disadvantage, the klitschko's whole fighting style is based around their size.

Comment

And in 2009 he said he would KO both Klitschkos in 2010. Well, I haven't seen no Klitschkos KOed this year, have you?

Comment

I am pretty sure that there will be a Klitschko fight in 2011. I doubt that the fight includes Haye.

Comment

Haye's all about the money, that's why he took the Audrey fight. He isn't going to pass on a massive payday with one of the Klits, he's squeezing the most he can get that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
                  Haye's all about the money, that's why he took the Audrey fight. He isn't going to pass on a massive payday with one of the Klits, he's squeezing the most he can get that's all.

It's his career, put yourself in his shoes, if you've set a retirement date you'll want to earn as much money as possible before then. It makes financial sense. That's the only way Mayweather fights. People forget Haye fought Mormeck for a lesser deal, in his backyard for the glory and won. Unified the cruiserweight titles, now the WBA champion at heavyweight, a genuine challenge for the K bros, so why should he sell himself short and take the lesser deal?

I have no doubt with him getting past Harrison he'll fight Wlad Klitschko, just because as Wlad is struggling to find viable opponents, so is he.

Comment

Dimitrenko fight will happen next year, more like.

Both Klits will be quite busy in 2011 anyway, what with the Solis and Adamek fights (assuming, of course, they win). Internationally, the Adamek fight is a lot more of an exciting proposition than a Haye fight, which has really lost a lot of its lustre due to Haye's procrastination and insistence on fighting bums in the UK, as well as the fact that it's clear he's only really in it for a final payday. What with Haye's mandatory Chagaev coming up, and a potentially lucrative fight with Holyfield or Jones, and not forgetting his long recuperation periods, that leaves very little time to actually build up and promote the fight, and it will need to be promoted since the Klits aren't particularly well-known in the UK among the casual fans (but then again freaking Pacquiao isn't well-known to those doofuses either). Course, the fight would do big numbers, but not significantly more than a Holyfield/Jones fight IMO, both of which of course aren't suicidal propositions, and so long as there are low risk high reward fights out there then Haye's gonna take them, regardless of if they include a Klitschko or not. This should have been made clear by now.

Comment

Working...
                    X