Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Mexican drug war over?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the leader of Los Zetas was killed a month ago. It made news all over the world as he was one of the most wanted men. But there is speculation that the death might have been faked and the body was not really his. Especially since an armed group retrieved his body from the morgue.

There's **** going on every day, the American people just don't want to acknowledge the horror they have a hand in since its not happening entirely on American soil.

Comment

It's not. Some experts say it's approaching a close.

I hope they're right.

The vast majority of current cartel members will be dead or in jail soon. Music and movies glorify it, but more and more people are accepting the realities of the life of a narco; they're promised the world by their bosses, are often denied pay and have to steal and kidnap to survive, and are put in the front lines as soon as their boss decides he doesn't like you (or feels threatened by your success).

Comment

I moved back to the states last year, but was there for the majority of 2011. It's hard not to meet people who are involved, and anyone with any sense will tell you they regret joining.

Comment

I think the death toll is pushing close to 100,000 at this point. It's full scale war in some parts of mexico from what ive read. There is no end in sight, this is a 50 billion dollar a year industry.

Comment

Here's some truth. its worth a watch (what the media isn't telling you)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
              I think the death toll is pushing close to 100,000 at this point. It's full scale war in some parts of mexico from what ive read. There is no end in sight, this is a 50 billion dollar a year industry.
              Yup - the death estimates range from 60k to 100k.

Pretty gruesome.

Comment

Working...
              X