No announcement yet.

Fighters you hated, but eventually became a fan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters you hated, but eventually became a fan

For me, it was Oscar, but then when he got jacked in the Trinidad fight, I became a fan, then when I met him I became a bigger fan. He took time to sign autographs and talk to the fans.

Bernard Hopkins, I hated him when he disrespected Tito in Puerto Rico and threw the flag on the ground, but then he apologized and his run after the Tito win was quite impressive, became a huge fan after he destroyed Tarver.

Manny Pacquaio - I didnt like the guy at first, but he is not a bad dude and brought some exciting fights that was well worth the PPV.

Now, call me a hater, but I never liked MAyweather and I will never like him, although I admit he is one of the best of our time, I will always root for the guy he is fighting. If he was humble like Oscar and Pacquaio and Shane, and Cotto, I would be a fan, but he aint so F him. Peace.

Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Wow! Some of you guys hate fighters? Kinda taking it too personal.

Comment

I've never hated Floyd, but at first I disliked his ego and his defensive minded counterpunching style. I've come to appreciate him after watching his whole carrer - he used to be alot more aggressive and entertaining back in the day. He is not my fav. fighter - but you can't deny his skillset.

Comment

Never happened.

Comment

I hated Jermain Taylor after the Hopkins fight.down right hated him...................but eventually became a fan

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
              Wow! Some of you guys hate fighters? Kinda taking it too personal.
              IDK about that. I cant think of any that Ive hated but maybe its no different to some guys then it would be NFL or NBA teams. Its an individual sport and your favorite guy might not be from your city which makes it a lil different but if you can hate other teams then I could see guys hating some boxers espically if its a rival to there favorite fighter

Comment

That's easy. Bernard Hopkins. After he destroyed Trinidad. Then the things that he did since, as I found out where he came from. Always expected to lose, but always finding a way to win. Especially since he isn't the fastest or hardest hitter out there. He achieved immortality in boxing by being the very definition of student of the game. Greatest active fighter IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  IDK about that. I cant think of any that Ive hated but maybe its no different to some guys then it would be NFL or NBA teams. Its an individual sport and your favorite guy might not be from your city which makes it a lil different but if you can hate other teams then I could see guys hating some boxers espically if its a rival to there favorite fighter
                  Hating people you don't personally know in general is crazy. I dislike Khan and Margarito but I can't hate them if they've never did anything personally to me.

Comment

Tarver. I hated him for his loud mouth but his style and heart has grown on me over the years.

Calzaghe was reverse for me. I liked him but eventually his ****y attituide and the way he wanted to take full credit for beating the senior citizens got on my nerves. I'm still a fan, but not a die-hard like before.

Comment

Working...
                    X