Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JDM/Rice, American Muscle, or German/Euro????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDM/Rice, American Muscle, or German/Euro????

Rep one, bash the rest!!!

JDM/Rice or GTFO
    13.51%
    American Muscle or GTFO
    35.14%
    German/Euro or GTFO
    51.35%

BMW M6

Comment

europeans make the best cars. italy and germany, really. americans make the best trucks and commercial vehicles, though there are some european and japanese manufacturers that give us a run for our money.

i still think japanese provide the best value. i drive a subaru impreza. used to drive a WRX, which performed very well for a relatively cheap, AWD car. but the quality of my subaru can't compare to teh qualtiy of the european cars that my brother and my father drive.

aother huge consideration for the price of ownership of a vehicle are the maintenance costs. fees are the new premiums, and cars are no acception. ownership cost is the new price tag.

my cheap impreza, one of the most economical AWD cars for sale in america, had a $700 dollar scheduled service 30K miles in . only after reading about 30 pages did i realize that it was "suggested maintenance" and that it involved very little work or parts. just a scam, basically, but i'm led to believe you can void your warantee if you don't get to the major ones.

i'll also add that i'm in a class action lawsuit agaisnt subaru [lol1:] because these 4 cylinder boxer engines use zero weight oil and rip through it to the tune of a quart every 1500 miles or less. if you own the car for 100K miles you're talking about gallons of very expensive oil. i used to have to fight tooth and nail to get subaru to change my oil when my oil light went on [i had a plan to cover oil changes initially, huge mistake.]

Comment

sa for sports cars, p4p [price for price] i don't thonk you can do any better than the rear drive american cars. corvettes will get you moving faster than basically anything other than a tuner or a motorcycle for the price tag. mustangs are the same way. those things are fast as hell around a racetrack.

the cheapest way to go fast is to tune your car yourself, but it takes a ton of mechanical knowhow and access to tools and facilities. basically turns into a lifestyle, when you factor in the labor and money it takes to have a genuinely terrifying tuned car.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          europeans make the best cars. italy and germany, really. americans make the best trucks and commercial vehicles, though there are some european and japanese manufacturers that give us a run for our money.

i still think japanese provide the best value. i drive a subaru impreza. used to drive a WRX, which performed very well for a relatively cheap, AWD car. but the quality of my subaru can't compare to teh qualtiy of the european cars that my brother and my father drive.

aother huge consideration for the price of ownership of a vehicle are the maintenance costs. fees are the new premiums, and cars are no acception. ownership cost is the new price tag.

my cheap impreza, one of the most economical AWD cars for sale in america, had a $700 dollar scheduled service 30K miles in . only after reading about 30 pages did i realize that it was "suggested maintenance" and that it involved very little work or parts. just a scam, basically, but i'm led to believe you can void your warantee if you don't get to the major ones.

i'll also add that i'm in a class action lawsuit agaisnt subaru [lol1:] because these 4 cylinder boxer engines use zero weight oil and rip through it to the tune of a quart every 1500 miles or less. if you own the car for 100K miles you're talking about gallons of very expensive oil. i used to have to fight tooth and nail to get subaru to change my oil when my oil light went on [i had a plan to cover oil changes initially, huge mistake.]

wow, some story.

Interesting about not needing the 30k mile service, wish I could dodge my bmw service like that.

Let us know how this lawsuit turns out.

Comment

Can find things about all three that I admire.

More of a Muscle/Pony car background, but I've owned and wrenched on Imports as well. Not much experience with the Euro brands, but I had low 6 figures to spend on a daily driver, a MB or Audi would be at the top of my list.

Think NE summed it up pretty well.

Comment

Come to Papa Beer

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Ruthless One; 08-01-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Damn baby

An M4 on Rotiform is love.

Comment

Working...
                    X