Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Trump 188 74.02%
Hilary 65 25.59%
Other/not voting 1 0.39%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2020, 09:47 AM #47911
Mod a Phukka

Quoted: 3453 Post(s)
BattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 215,850.38
Total Points: 244,721.29
A man who has superior boxing knowledge & integrity. - Terry A ATG poster on BoxingScene - rorymac Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Have one on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER he was just lucky! - gingeralbino 
Merry Christmas Bat. I hope you and yours have a wonderful one. - deanrw Jeg giver en omgang - The Slaughter No Message - chiguy91 I like your unbiased RBRs! - dan_cov Cuz' I'm an old masochist <3 - Grand Champ 
Happy holidays buddy! - jazluvr "When I'm able to clap, I know she's ready for my dick." lmao - -jose- For being one of the true "boxing guys" in this place. - Cuauhtťmoc1520 Merry Christmas BattlingNelson - TBear Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Happy holidays bud! - TBear Thx for the kind words.  Nice that some actually pay attention to what goes on around here. - Redd Foxx in lui of green - jazluvr Queer - denium Queer - denium 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Carnivore Childhood Cancer - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - peyk-peyk World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - peyk-peyk Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - n‘‘b_out_king 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
So he should have induced panic then as I said?
Are you using a strawman on me?
Quote:

It sure seems that's what you're saying. Please confirm.
Negative.
Quote:
And remember, I'm asking for actions he should have taken. You cited words. Um, words aint gonna cure or stop a virus. Actions will.

So, what actions should Trump have taken, in your opinion?
Ahhh. Actions. Well start to acknowledge that the numbers look grim and then start an emergency plan with recommendations on how states should handle the virus would be a great start. Put up a national taskforce handling emergency equipment that shall be made available to states in need based on objective and not political criteria. Those kinda actions would make Trump appear more like a statesman and president for all of america.

Quote:
And yet here you are, taking a side and cheering it on.
No cheering. Just pointing out how Trump looks stupid (and earlier that dems. are in a sorry state). So you're wrong again.

Quote:

Well, you're in your usual denial and insults mode, as well as ducking direct simple questions.
I have answered every question.

Quote:

You're also lying and attributing words to me I never said.

I don't have time for that.

I'll have to end the discourse if that continues.

I'll admit you can out-snark and out-insult me, so lets try and have some civil, honest discourse. Ok?

Oh, if you want to post up where I threatened to shoot a "jaywalker", go right ahead. I'll give you a direct, sincere apology if you do.

I've told the story of how I brandished a gun to a person once on the side of the road who was banging on cars stuck at a red light years back, but he wasn't jaywalking. I personally don't care about jaywalkers. They're harmless. And I see them all the time downtown. Ain't shot one yet, or threated to.

Hell, me myself I do my share of jaywalking downtown too.

If you have a solid case, you should have no reason to blatantly lie.....
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
As you may know, the search-function on boxingscene is terrible. I believe that you are an honest man despite you and I not always seeing things the same way. Don't you remember our discussion about guns earlier? I know it's been a while.

My point is and was that you had that gun and you where ready to use it if you felt threathened. I'm not going into semantics about jaywalking or whatever. Let's just say that you had the gun and was ready to use it.
BattlingNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:24 AM #47912
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2095 Post(s)
MOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,265.87
Total Points: 65,184.78
#WigPushers - jas Held down, doe. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony 

I don't think Trumps response to the pandemic has been amazing or terrible.. I don't think many western leaders have responded that well either though.. How often do these type of pandemics happen? Similar type one would be the Spanish Flu.. that's over 100 years ago

It doesn't change the fact that going into February.. the US economy was doing great, unemployment was at all time lows and the US was putting a serious hurting on China economically.. Most of this was at least partially down to Trump.. that's just a fact

I spent over 3/4 of my life in the UK before moving to the America and one thing people don't seem to get is it's far different then most countries.. In the US Trump has governors in blue states actively working against him.. In the UK something like that would never ****ing happen even if a decent amount dislike Boris Johnson

It's not brought up anymore and long forgotten.. but no one seems to remember Cuomo threatening Trump with legal action because he wanted to lock NY down at the start of the pandemic

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

His own words "Trump has no authority to impose lockdown"

So yeah it's easy to say Trump should have done this and that.. sat in Denmark.. but the reality is far different

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlingNelson View Post
My point is and was that you had that gun and you where ready to use it if you felt threathened. I'm not going into semantics about jaywalking or whatever. Let's just say that you had the gun and was ready to use it.
And what's wrong with that? sounds ****ing smart in this day and age if anything
MOTHERDUCKER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:16 AM #47913
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 2782 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,045,636.53
Total Points: 1,055,347.00
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden Icon says it all - jazluvr Happy hoidays - jazluvr 
Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - Shontae De'marc Thanks! - GhostofDempsey What a faggot, deleting your posts and snitching on users. Gtfo this forum btch - lfc19titles thanks - Deontaytheking 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Long Live Donald Trump and the USA!!!......Rockin'
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:19 AM #47914
KENOSHA RANGER

Quoted: 5254 Post(s)
Left Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 727,116.33
Total Points: 838,381.91
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Merry Christmas Tua - TBear Happy new year! - Toney Loc You gave me giggles, I give you cookie, isn't the world a grand ol' place? :) - *Boss Lady* Your sammich, sweetcheeks. - *Boss Lady* 
Welcome back sammich, good sir. - Bossy Welcome back - Mike Tyson77 cheers chong - MaD vEiN red horse - MaD vEiN Cheers bro - dan_cov 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Post more pics of pizza. - ShaunRoberts Was that a Pizza Hut/Domino's job or a local? - ShaunRoberts No Message - Fresno Spread love not war - Trudoe 
your penis is too small to satisfy a woman - Freedom. Bernie Sanders 2016 - Ŗringer Props - Agent Mulder Merry Christmas Tua - TBear No Message - MELLY-MEL... 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Pretty Boy32 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - killakali Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - LeeVanCleef Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - yeks Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - bearman3000 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - bearman3000 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ether Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ether Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Trudoe 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGe View Post
Doubt it. If people believe some of those deaths are falsely being attributed to covid too many people die from those diseases each year for Covid to make a big difference. It's actually possible the numbers might be higher if access to treatment was limited because of Covid.
True.

But covid mostly kills ppl who are vulnerable and already have those existing conditions.

Obviously im just guessing for now until the numbers come out but I think a lot of covid deaths are ppl with health conditions that were already deadly. Covid just accelerated and pushed it.
Left Hook Tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:19 AM #47915
The ugly American

Quoted: 11041 Post(s)
1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,310.20
Total Points: 211,300.01
Once agan, dropping knowledge - hectari Cheers! - JimRaynor :beerchug: - -jose- Good ol Algore.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 Drink is on me, keep doing your thing - JimRaynor 
Keep hammering - ΣNΣMY No Message - JimRaynor Very wise and informed - GhostofDempsey Cheers - anthonydavid11 The Amerikanskiys are on to us, comrade lol - A-Wolf 
Only insults. There's nothing positive about liberalism. Haha. - Tony Trick-Pony Keep up the good fight against Libtards! - Vlad_ Keep up the great posts, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Biggest scam ever - Tony Trick-Pony Bernie's garbage... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Free Speech Not Popular with Dems. Great post - Tony Trick-Pony Excellent posting... - Tony Trick-Pony To help with all the liberal tears. - JTfloyd They never change, man. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Keep on with the good posting. - Vlad_ 

Thanks for the more civil tone. I appreciate that.

Quote:
Are you using a strawman on me?
Nope. I was asking for confirmation, not stating that was your argument.

Quote:
Ahhh. Actions. Well start to acknowledge that the numbers look grim and then start an emergency plan with recommendations on how states should handle the virus would be a great start.
His emergency ACTIONS were to stop travel into the US from countries hit hardest, including China.

Also, the Feds have limited power over the States per our 10th Amendment.

As you saw, some States not only refused Federal guidance, they took actions that were opposed by Trump (Cuomo putting Covid patients in rest homes, for example).

Quote:
Put up a national taskforce handling emergency equipment that shall be made available to states in need based on objective and not political criteria. Those kinda actions would make Trump appear more like a statesman and president for all of america.
He did just that!!!!!

He sent New York all those ventilators and even a Navy hospital ship there, even while his political opponents Cuomo and deBlasio attacked him at every opportunity.

Dude, no offense, but you either missed or ignored some seriously important facts about this topic.

Again, I'm not attacking you. The press hides good actions/results from Trump. Its quite possible you're hearing this for the first time.

So now that you found out he did indeed take some major action you called for, can we get some kind of form of "he was right on that" from you?

Quote:
As you may know, the search-function on boxingscene is terrible. I believe that you are an honest man despite you and I not always seeing things the same way. Don't you remember our discussion about guns earlier? I know it's been a while.

Yes, I remember it pretty clearly. Better than you do, as we see.

How about you just agree not to attribute words to me unless you're able to source them if asked?

That's not too much to ask, is it?

That said, yes, I have brandished a weapon on the few occasions I've been threatened and felt the need to do so (and to be clear, I do not always respond that way, even when armed).

I've never been assaulted when I did that, even at times when I've been outnumbered or even dealing with a violent person with mental illness.

People tend to simmer down real quick when the person they want to attack has a gun. Its human nature.

To be more clear, I stand by my claim that guns do stop some crimes and do at times protect people from violence.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:38 AM #47916
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 2782 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,045,636.53
Total Points: 1,055,347.00
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden Icon says it all - jazluvr Happy hoidays - jazluvr 
Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - Shontae De'marc Thanks! - GhostofDempsey What a faggot, deleting your posts and snitching on users. Gtfo this forum btch - lfc19titles thanks - Deontaytheking 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
Thanks for the more civil tone. I appreciate that.

Nope. I was asking for confirmation, not stating that was your argument.

His emergency ACTIONS were to stop travel into the US from countries hit hardest, including China.

Also, the Feds have limited power over the States per our 10th Amendment.

As you saw, some States not only refused Federal guidance, they took actions that were opposed by Trump (Cuomo putting Covid patients in rest homes, for example).

He did just that!!!!!

He sent New York all those ventilators and even a Navy hospital ship there, even while his political opponents Cuomo and deBlasio attacked him at every opportunity.

Dude, no offense, but you either missed or ignored some seriously important facts about this topic.

Again, I'm not attacking you. The press hides good actions/results from Trump. Its quite possible you're hearing this for the first time.

So now that you found out he did indeed take some major action you called for, can we get some kind of form of "he was right on that" from you?

Yes, I remember it pretty clearly. Better than you do, as we see.

How about you just agree not to attribute words to me unless you're able to source them if asked?

That's not too much to ask, is it?

That said, yes, I have brandished a weapon on the few occasions I've been threatened and felt the need to do so (and to be clear, I do not always respond that way, even when armed).

I've never been assaulted when I did that, even at times when I've been outnumbered or even dealing with a violent person with mental illness.

People tend to simmer down real quick when the person they want to attack has a gun. Its human nature.

To be more clear, I stand by my claim that guns do stop some crimes and do at times protect people from violence.
And how. All of it..…...Rockin'
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:41 AM #47917
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6689 Post(s)
TonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,155.19
Total Points: 156,793.84
Old Teddy's depends.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 You're a good poster and contributor to this site - desktop 0 I enjoy reading what you write - !a! wise man - !a! keep up the good work - !a! 
Remove dentures--insert into mouth - GhostofDempsey For those lonely nights when gay porn just isn't getting it up for you any more - GhostofDempsey No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll 
No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
True.

But covid mostly kills ppl who are vulnerable and already have those existing conditions.

Obviously im just guessing for now until the numbers come out but I think a lot of covid deaths are ppl with health conditions that were already deadly. Covid just accelerated and pushed it.
No doubt it's making a bad situation worse. People weren't prepared for this. The part that worries me is when the virus replicates it doesn't always make an exact copy. One of those copies potentially could be a lot more deadly. Given that it is easily spread it could be a disaster. The flip side is it could end up being less dangerous. That's one reason the Sweedish model of no lockdown IMO was foolish.
TonyGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:08 PM #47918
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9941 Post(s)
man down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,863.69
Total Points: 293,347.31
Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony cheers bruh - Tony Trick-Pony To satisfy your urges - Taaj Manzoor 
For the Hat Trick.  Stump those grubers. ;) - 1bad65 Keep on with the good posting. - Vlad_ Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 

Lol Biden won't even travel to get the nomination.

How in the hell is this clown going to run a country? He won't do interviews, he won't travel, he won't leave his basement. Is this a joke?
man down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:19 PM #47919
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9941 Post(s)
man down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,863.69
Total Points: 293,347.31
Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony cheers bruh - Tony Trick-Pony To satisfy your urges - Taaj Manzoor 
For the Hat Trick.  Stump those grubers. ;) - 1bad65 Keep on with the good posting. - Vlad_ Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 

C'mon man! You a junkie? This chit for real?
man down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:28 PM #47920
Fvcking Up The Game.

Quoted: 14298 Post(s)
travestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,308,698.06
Total Points: 3,513,607.78
pimping ain't easy - SugarKaineHook not sure why your original gift aint shown - SugarKaineHook The troll killer! - JK1700 Job well done! - koolkc107 Boxingscene's Best... Meant to get this to you the other day. Drinks on me - Chollo Vista 
Burger for Troubles. Good discussion... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, man... - Tony Trick-Pony For exposing Szef.... That was classic - Chollo Vista Toast for handing out L's - Chollo Vista A true legend of Boxingscene - Chollo Vista 
For the unified undisputed champ of Boxingscene. Hasn't been a dude this bad since Roy Jones Jr - Chollo Vista Much respect to you, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Merry Christmas - TBear To the end of Covid19 no matter who is in charge come November - JimRaynor 

Oxford compared the countries responses to the pandemic using what they call a stringency index based on lockdowns, border closings, testing, etc.

Quote:
To compare each country’s responses to the pandemic on a consistent basis, we turned to the work of an Oxford University team that has constructed a stringency index based on 13 policy responses (lockdowns, border closings, tests, etc.) to measure how strongly each country responded over time. The Oxford index shows that 14 days from the date of the 15th confirmed case in each country — a vital early window for action — the U.S. response to the outbreak lagged behind the others by miles. The U.S. stringency score of 5.7 at that point was 25% of Australia’s (23), 23% of Germany’s (25), 18% of Singapore’s (32), and only 15% of South Korea’s (38).
He acted too late because he didn't take it seriously.

The China "ban" was a "hoax."

Quote:
The White House banned flights from China on Feb. 2 but later permitted more than 40,000 travelers from China to enter the U.S. From February through April
Testing was a disaster.

Quote:
Another crucial failure involved testing. Three weeks after the 15th Covid-19 case had been confirmed in the U.S., only about 10,000 tests had been administered. By an equivalent point in its epidemic, South Korea had administered approximately 17 times more tests per capita than the U.S. had done. This testing fiasco crippled vital early contact tracing efforts when hot spots could have been contained.

Here's some actions he could have taken:

Quote:
By the time South Korea experienced its 15th confirmed case on Feb. 2, it had spearheaded a massive public information campaign, mobilized private sector players to produce testing kits, and expedited regulatory approval for these newly developed tests. Within a week, tests were widely available. Within three weeks, schools and public spaces were closed, large gatherings had been banned, and 26,000 people had been tested.

At a minimum, the president, perhaps through a tough “testing czar,” should have empowered private companies, labs, and hospitals to augment public testing efforts — as South Korean policymakers did — and imported readily available tests from elsewhere if necessary. If there were shortages of testing components, the president should have immediately invoked the Defense Production Act rather than waiting for months to do so for this purpose. And when the CDC and the FDA fumbled early testing efforts, President Trump responded: “I don’t take responsibility at all.”

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Instead of acting quickly and getting testing on track, he sat around falsely blaming Obama.

Last edited by travestyny; 08-05-2020 at 12:33 PM.
travestyny is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
#wiretapping, $0.0000, $10, $100, $916, "*****, "all, "bring, "mike", "wind, "wipe", "you, 'dreamer', (clinton, (live), (not, (obstruction, (update, ***the, **the, 000, 100%, 2-1., 2016, 2020, 90s?, ????, abruptly, academics, adds, admits, advance, affair, african, agreement., amendment!, american, americans, angry, announces, anti, appearing, apprentice, article, asked, attack, attacked, bailout?, balls, beck, benghazi, bernie, better., bill, billionaire?, black, blacks, bleachbit, blm, blue lives matter, bmw ..., border, breaking, breaking:, brexit, buffon, call, called, campaign, cancels, cancer!", cash-documentary, celebration, changed, chants, cheaters, claim, claims, clinton, clinton!, cliton, cliton!!!!!!, cloth!, cnn assassin, collapse, college, collusion, comey:, coming, commits, complicit, contradicts, corrupt cvnt bag, counsel, cousin, coverage, crimes, cringeworthy:, crowd, cucks!, cuts, daddy, daily, daily), damn, dead, deal, deal., debate..., debates, delays, democracy dying, democrat, democrats, dems?, denuclearization, department, deportation, destroys, dictate, discussed, disrespecting, dogs, donald, donald trump mean doe, donor!!, dossier, drop, dumptrump, e-mails, early, easily, educated, el cajon, election, election?, elections??lol, electoral, emails, endorsing, etc.., facts, failed hillary attack, fair, falling, false equivalency, fame, farage, farmers, fascist neo liberals, financial, find, fire, floor, flynn, fools, for...., for?, found., foundation, france, fraud, freedom under attack, full, gender, genius?...., genuine?, geotus, giuliani, giving, glenn, got's, guns?, hall, hammer, hard, health, heel", here..., higher, hilary, hilarys, hildabeast enforcer, hilery, hillary, hillary vs trump, hillary's, him..his, himself??, homeless, house, huffingtonpost, hype, i've, immigration, impeached, indict, info, insults!!!, investigated!, investigation, isn't, it's, jail????, jailed, japan...japanese, jill, jobs, john, jong-un, jordan, june, justice, justice), kaine???, kickass, killed, korea, leaking, lebron., liars, liberal, liberty getting raped, libtard beta cucks, live, losses, lost, love, made, madoff, maga, malcolm, margins, matter, mccain?, media foolishness, meeting, meeting., mentally, mexico, michael, mid-terms, migration, million, millions, mind..., minister), minority, motorcity cobra politics, mueller, muellers, neo liberal simps, network), news, nigel, night's, north, north korea, not?, obama, obama!, obamacare, official, official:, opening., opposed, outcome, outnumber, pandering, panders, party, paul, pence, people, person, personally, plan, point, poll, pookie, positive, posters, predators, presidency, president, presidential, prime, probe, program, promised?, proof, prophecies, proverty!", provide, public., punk, queen, questions, racism?, racist, raises, rallies, rally, re-elected, re-election, reaction, read, ready, real, realize, reason, refusing, release, released, releases, remark, repeal, replace, republican, republicans, restaged, return, reveals, robert, rocketman, runs, russia, russiagate/obstruction, russian, ryan, sanders, scammed, scraps, scumbag sloot, scumbags, secret, serious, servers, sh#t, shenanigans, shooting, show, signing, silenced, sjw, socialism, solar, solar!, sooooo, special, spent, spoke, staff, star, starting, state, statement, stein, stupid, super, support, supporters, supporting, surveillance, swapped, tapping, tariffs, team, teams, tells, teresa, terminated, the merge, thought, thread, thread**, thread***, times, today!!!!!!!!!!!!!, told, toss-up!, town, triggered, trumo, trump, trump douchebags, trump!, trump", trump's, trump., trump..., trump:, trump?, trumps, trumps', u.s./mexican, ugly, underperforming, video, videos, violent, vote, voter, votes, voting, walk, walking, wall, was..., watch, weak liberal men, week., welfare, white, white)that, wikileaks, win", wind, wins, wiped, wire, wiretapping, woman, won't, world, wtf?, ya'll, year, you're, young