Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-14-2019, 01:02 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 10868 Post(s)
Mammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 204,747.45
shut the fook up - Boxing Goat Should be a great fight... - anthonydavid11 
Default If Joshua would have listened to McCracken

He could have won.

End of Round One:
“Don't drop down to his height...

“Use your height and reach. He can't get past the jab, if you jab up and down. And he'll eventually walk onto the right hand.

“Be busier with the jab. Start shooting the odd one-two. Up on your toes, the odd one-two.

“Keep him long. Don't look to throwing hooks yet. Jab, jab, back hand.”

End of Round Two:
“When he comes in, [time Ruiz on the way in] throw the right hand.

“Relax and use your feet when you're in range. Don't go flat-footed. Be busier with the jabs, up and down and then follow up with the right hand. Look to break him down with the left-rights, use your reach and keep your chin down. Every now and then, throw the hook off the jab.”

End of Round Three:
No footage of the corner.

End of Round Four:
“Keep throwing the jab and defend with head movement. Keep your hands up when you're boxing. Don't come down to his height. He caught you with the hook, because you're loading up.

“Keep your hands up. Jab, jab, right hand. You'll break him down.”

End of Round Five:
“All you've got to do is be a little bit busier. Box a little bit more. Stick to the jabs and right hand.

“Listen to me, you can win this fight. You can beat him with your reach. Jab, jab, right hand.

“Don't look for power, look to box, because you're walking onto his shots. Whenever you've looked for hooks, he caught you. Don't look for hooks, because you're loading up.

“Listen! You've got to win these rounds. Get boxing again! All straight stuff. Keep your hands up!”

End of Round Six:
“You've got to start throwing one-two's and shoot the odd bodyshot. You have to time him. And if you hit him, you'll slow him right down.

“Jab, jab, jab and right hand. Left and right, left and right long. Uppercut and hook when you're inside. Be busier though...”
Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:18 PM #2
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 14003 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,174,698.02
Total Points: 1,245,328.39
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Agreed. When the transcript came out and people were saying, "That's why he lost!" I was thinking, WTF?? What fight were these guys watching?
McCracken had a sensible plan that I think would have worked, and will probably work in a rematch because movement and reach will give Ruiz problems.

AJ did not listen, he planned his feet, he traded, he did Ruiz every favor.

Not to take anything away from Ruiz, he had the smarts smarts to see the openings and the guts and skill to take them.
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:19 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3108 Post(s)
4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,000.24
Total Points: 184,256.62

Other than the part about the jab, which everyone could see, I'm not sure there is anything there Joshua could use. I mean he was right about throwing that hook early on but everything Joshua did exhausted him, he had already unloaded on Ruiz and all he got for his trouble was a concussion. Definitely his advice after the 6th to be busier sounded like a cruel joke.
4truth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:32 PM #4
Kneel 4 Silver,good boy!

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Kris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,884.04
Total Points: 25,386.18
cheers mate - TheDemdzasGhost Happy 1K anniversary! Keep up the good work! - BatTheMan Here ya go - T-97 No Message - T-97 A toast to our old friend 'Reasoning'....RIP - Chunk 
Top Poster! - abadger Here's some loving! - T-97 Happy 2000th - Puas No Message - T-97 For being one of the few sane people here! - F•R•K•O 
3k, congrats to a good poster - MELLY-MEL... Have an apple - danc1984 Happy new year, Kris. - T-97 A toast to the great KrisSilver. - F•R•K•O Thanks. Happy 2009 to you too. - Silencers 
you're a good poster...cheers mate - Makavelli Thanks for your support - Massage Queen Good poster, always a gentlemen. - Jewshua Happy Christmas in advance. - S a m u r a i Have another. - S a m u r a i 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

He did ignore some okay advice which although could have been better, is largely on Aj.

He's talked of getting down low for short fighter's since Povetkin and in interviews in the lead up to Ruiz. His trainer is directly and during fight telling him not to do that. To flat ignore that shows a trainer not disciplining his fighter and or an indisciplined fighter.
Kris Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:01 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
otrocubiche has much to be proud ofotrocubiche has much to be proud ofotrocubiche has much to be proud ofotrocubiche has much to be proud ofotrocubiche has much to be proud ofotrocubiche has much to be proud ofotrocubiche has much to be proud ofotrocubiche has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,730.88
Total Points: 19,938.52
Let's go champ! - HeadBodyBodyBody 

He would have still gassed out and probably would have received a lot more damage, he appeared not to have enough power to keep Ruiz away from him and obviously he doesn't have the boxing abilities to do it either, of course it's monday morning quarterbacking but I can't see any different outcome.
otrocubiche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:15 PM #6
Interim Champion

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
LaidOut has a reputation beyond reputeLaidOut has a reputation beyond reputeLaidOut has a reputation beyond reputeLaidOut has a reputation beyond reputeLaidOut has a reputation beyond reputeLaidOut has a reputation beyond reputeLaidOut has a reputation beyond reputeLaidOut has a reputation beyond reputeLaidOut has a reputation beyond reputeLaidOut has a reputation beyond reputeLaidOut has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,342.90
Total Points: 18,480.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
Agreed. When the transcript came out and people were saying, "That's why he lost!" I was thinking, WTF?? What fight were these guys watching?
McCracken had a sensible plan that I think would have worked, and will probably work in a rematch because movement and reach will give Ruiz problems.

AJ did not listen, he planned his feet, he traded, he did Ruiz every favor.

Not to take anything away from Ruiz, he had the smarts smarts to see the openings and the guts and skill to take them.
Yeah, even if AJ listened to HALF of what McCracken was instructing, he would have done alright. Giving up his height made no sense at all. Not jabbing enough. Anyways, AJ didn't have energy to stay sharp (for whatever reason), so I suppose if the fight went later, he would have been more sloppy, and Ruiz would have capitalized on it.

Which is why I can't bet on the rematch. If AJ somehow sorts out his energy issue (at least for the first 3-5 rounds), he'll pose problems for Ruiz that wasn't seen the first fight, even if it's jab jab 1-2. This is why I'm excited for the rematch: I really don't know how it's gonna go, and that makes it MUST SEE boxing.
LaidOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:51 PM #7
Banned

Quoted: 3811 Post(s)
BangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 217,800.82
Ok - BangEM 

You mean a guy who was concussed before the fight and didn’t want to be in the ring should’ve listened?

I just saw a video of Josh in the dressing room before the fight and there’s no way they should’ve allowed the guy get to the ring. He obviously looked like he was dealing with something else.
BangEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:59 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 10868 Post(s)
Mammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 204,747.45
shut the fook up - Boxing Goat Should be a great fight... - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangEM View Post
You mean a guy who was concussed before the fight and didn’t want to be in the ring should’ve listened?

I just saw a video of Josh in the dressing room before the fight and there’s no way they should’ve allowed the guy get to the ring. He obviously looked like he was dealing with something else.
Jesus Christ...........
Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:03 PM #9
Banned

Quoted: 13632 Post(s)
.!WAR MIKEY!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY!. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 273,556.90
Total Points: 308,931.94
No Message - -jose- Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER Boss Hogg Cartel - LoadedWraps bad ass sig and avi..... - Santa_ For Kovalev & Rocky 4 - BKM- 
WAR KILLER KOV!! - Dean_Razorback lol good one! :beerchug: - -jose- uno cerveza - Omowale Tribe Hahaha, good stuff. - Santa_ welcome back vato loco - Tago Nang Tago 
:beerchug: - -jose- No Message - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- Love your hilarious posts. Keep it up. - 1bad65 CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 
Thanks for upload - - Ram Raid - right on, bro. - MinuteMaid5 Merry Christmas - TBear 

the problem with that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he cant command AJ attention in that corner! AJ doesnt even listen to him lmfao.

That his problem, a trainer is more than just someone who can teach you the sport and tricks and such they have to actually be able to cut through to you when its fight time in the inbetween rounds where it matters the most if he cant then they pretty much useless on fight night.
.!WAR MIKEY!. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:38 PM #10
Contender

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
muzzo has a spectacular aura aboutmuzzo has a spectacular aura aboutmuzzo has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,765.76
Total Points: 12,592.43

Wether Joshua was'nt right or not b4 the fight he underestimated Ruiz,he had stopped/knocked out all his previous opponents bar Parker and he wanted to make a statement on his US debut with Wilders K.O. of Breazeale in mind by smashing Ruiz,kinda dont blame him tho it backfired big time,if he's smart id favour him to win the rematch
muzzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
joshua, listened, mccracken