Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cricket a real sport... is it the easiest sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    100 mph is the fastest.
    MLB, that's average.
    Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
    From a shorter distance and they have to run to do it? All I've learned from this is foreigners have the arms of h**mosexuals.
    The ball has to bounce which takes a lot of speed off of it. Not a fair comparison at all. The ball is also heavier in cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      The ball has to bounce which takes a lot of speed off of it. Not a fair comparison at all. The ball is also heavier in cricket.
      The speed of the ball was mentioned. I replied. 100+ mph coming at you on the fly is very intimidating and takes incredible skill to bat against and to control (for the pitcher).

After you get kinda used to that bullet, here comes an ankle breaking off speed pitch. There are at least a dozen different ways, with varying speeds, to pitch a baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Just saw the video. Brutal stuff.
        The ball when new is hard as a rock and in international cricket when batting it can be hurled at your head at 100 miles per hour. I played at junior level through to my mid 20's. I reckon I nearly died twice. Once while batting, the ball flicked through my hair and the other time at training. Dude smashed the ball and nearly smacked me in the temple. My Dad had his jaw crushed, ate through a straw for weeks and lost all feeling on the right side of his face.
        Of course it's not dangerous like boxing but freak accidents happen and things can go bad. On youtube check out Geoff Lawson, Curtley Ambrose or Alex Tudor, Brett Lee. Scary stuff!

Comment

In USD, how much do top Cricket players earn per year ?

Comment

In USD, how much do top Cricket players earn per year ?
            Including endorsements, the top Indians make at least $20 million per year

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
              Including endorsements, the top Indians make at least $20 million per year
              Pure sport salary, no outside income.

Comment

Originally posted by Qbox View Post
                The ball when new is hard as a rock and in international cricket when batting it can be hurled at your head at 100 miles per hour. I played at junior level through to my mid 20's. I reckon I nearly died twice. Once while batting, the ball flicked through my hair and the other time at training. Dude smashed the ball and nearly smacked me in the temple. My Dad had his jaw crushed, ate through a straw for weeks and lost all feeling on the right side of his face.
                Of course it's not dangerous like boxing but freak accidents happen and things can go bad. On youtube check out Geoff Lawson, Curtley Ambrose or Alex Tudor, Brett Lee. Scary stuff!
                If being brutish is the key, then rugby should be extremely popular. Mindless anything can be entertaining, but not for the preferred reasons

Comment

I can see why you think it’s easy by watching but as people have explained on here it’s harder than it looks

Comment

Pure sport salary, no outside income.
                    Top Australians are guaranteed around $2 million per year and you can double that with match payments

That’s just for playing for the national team and they get extra from states & leagues

Comment

The speed of the ball was mentioned. I replied. 100+ mph coming at you on the fly is very intimidating and takes incredible skill to bat against and to control (for the pitcher).

After you get kinda used to that bullet, here comes an ankle breaking off speed pitch. There are at least a dozen different ways, with varying speeds, to pitch a baseball.
                      I don't know the rules of baseball all that well. I thought it was an illegal move to pitch it at the batter? Like, it can start a fight if the pitcher does it deliberately.

In cricket you can target the batsman as much as you want - although is an illegal move to bowl it at the batsman's head more than 2 out of every 6 balls.

In a single day's play, a batsman can face several hundred balls, approaching 100mph, with a ball that is heavier and harder than a baseball - all aimed at their body, with the small consolation that only a third of them can be aimed at his head. Also, they will be expected to run several kilometers in heavy protective gear while this is happening. And keep their concentration for 8 hours straight, so they don't get out.

Nah, cricket isn't easy.

Comment

Working...
                      X