Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have changed my mind about Dillian Whyte, he deserves a shot.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have changed my mind about Dillian Whyte, he deserves a shot.

Dunno what happened, but when I rolled out of bed this morning my opinion has changed. Dillian is ranked by the WBC and the WBO. If he can't fight Deontay Wilder for the WBC, the logical step is to fight Anthony Joshua for the WBO. There is no denying that Dillian Whyte is the best of the rest outside of the top three. He has gotten himself into the top Contender spot, and he has took risky fights when he could have sat around and waited for his shot. His title shot is long overdue. All fanboyism and politics aside, that is the way of it.

I changed my mind right after the Chisora KO, not because of the KO but because options are limited at the moment. Fury and Wilder are looking to rematch each other. And the rest don’t have the sort of resume that Whyte has since he lost in 2015 to Joshua. Pulev, Ortiz, Miller literally all did nothing but fight bums. So yeah if they (Fury and Wilder) are lock in a rematch then no issues with Joshua/Whyte rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I changed my mind right after the Chisora KO, not because of the KO but because options are limited at the moment. Fury and Wilder are looking to rematch each other. And the rest don’t have the sort of resume that Whyte has since he lost in 2015 to Joshua. Pulev, Ortiz, Miller literally all did nothing but fight bums.
      Agreed on all these points. My main gripe was disappointment at AJ not taking a 50/50 fight, but reality is there's none out there. If AJ can fight Whyte and clean up a mandatory in the process, makes sense.

Comment

Absolutely. He has a big mouth but he backs it up with his choice of opponents. He'll fight anyone and that's to be admired.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
          Agreed on all these points. My main gripe was disappointment at AJ not taking a 50/50 fight, but reality is there's none out there. If AJ can fight Whyte and clean up a mandatory in the process, makes sense.
          I hope Ortiz or Miller’s next fight are bigger fights than Cojanu/Dinu of these world. They both really need better names on their crappy resume. That way we can see a proper hype for one of them to fight Joshua/Fury or Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I hope Ortiz or Miller’s next fight are bigger fights than Cojanu/Dinu of these world. They both really need better names on their crappy resume. That way we can see a proper hype for one of them to fight Joshua/Fury or Wilder.
            In an ideal world they would fight eachother, and the winner gets the winner of AJ-Whyte. But they both wanna sit around and pad their records waiting for a big payday. Miller at least has time on his side, think Ortiz is quickly becoming the forgotten man.

Comment

he's not WBO mandatory though, Povetkin was. AJ should get his Pulev mandatory out of the way if Wilder or Fury is an option for later in the year.

but whatever, not like there's a ****load of A class HW's right now.

Comment

Whyte has put himself in a position where no champion can really be criticized for facing him. However, the real "eliminator" for top contender should have been a fight between Whyte and Ortiz, not Whyte vs. Chisora (with all due respect to Chisora who's a certified bad man and a top contender himself).

But yeah, Whyte has earned a shot in my opinion too.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  he's not WBO mandatory though, Povetkin was. AJ should get his Pulev mandatory out of the way if Wilder or Fury is an option for later in the year.

but whatever, not like there's a ****load of A class HW's right now.
                  Man Pulev is tailor-made for AJ, that would be terrible. He is a pest though getting himself into mandatory spot. AJ-Whyte II would at least be an exciting fight.

Comment

Yeah of course

He deserves a title shot more than anyone else and it doesn't look like Wilder wants to give him his opportunity. So yeah the only other champ is AJ...so that fight should happen. I'd rather see Wilder vs Whyte and AJ vs Fury instead of 2 rematches but it is what it is !

Comment

Working...
                    X