Frank bruno documentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank bruno documentary

To the members of Boxing Scene.
    I am sending this message on behalf of Gospel: an award-winning film production company based in London. Our current project is a feature documentary on the rise of former Heavyweight Champion, FRANK BRUNO. We are in the process of gathering archive footage of Frank and we would love the assistance of members in this group. If anyone has any footage of Bruno, or knows of someone who does- whether it be shots of him in the ring, in the gym, out on the street, or wherever- and they would be happy for this footage to be considered for a film on his life, we would love to see what you have. Please send any material you may have to contact@andthatsgospel.com

We look forward to hearing from you.

Is this being made with the co-operation of Bruno?

Comment

A documentary about a fighter with 40 wins and 5 defeats all by stoppage. You realize he never defended the belt once.
      Nice young man from what I know of him but I doubt his name comes up when talking about Heavyweight Champions.

Good luck
      Ray

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          A documentary about a fighter with 40 wins and 5 defeats all by stoppage. You realize he never defended the belt once.
          Nice young man from what I know of him but I doubt his name comes up when talking about Heavyweight Champions.

Good luck
          Ray

It'll focus on his personality, how he's adored by the british public & is a genuine down to earth guy

He's had some struggles with mental health & that'll be in it...could be a good film if done right

Comment

For what it's worth, I remember (and I am not sure if I got it exactly right) a Frank Bruno interview when a reporter asked him if he was scared to fight Tyson. Bruno replied he once found himself in a hurricane clinging desperately to a mattress as the roof of his home blew off, everything after that he could take in stride.

Comment

Award For Dumbest Subject

Save your talent, if you have any. No one gives a rat's arse about Bruno, for God's sake.

Focusing on what a nice guy he was? What's the point? Get a real project. Sorry to have to be so blunt.

Comment

--- Bruno very popular with folks that count the most in his home country.

A good focus on how it came to pass that he was carving up Lennox Lewis so easily before getting bombed out. That was a great fight.

Comment

Queensbree has given the project his imprimatur. His endorsement is equivalent to the kabosh. No legitimiate project could survive Queensbree's endorsement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

Good luck
                    Ray
                    Bruno, for all of his flaws, was a heavy puncher and decent contender. Everyone can't be an ATG. But he was a pretty solid contender.

Comment

Working...
                    X