No announcement yet.

Interesting quote from Mother Teresa during her later years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    Not really but i find it strange that someone would make a comment like that about a person who dedicated their life to helping people.
    Do you know what she was doing? The media sure hyped her up but there's plenty of evidence there was a lot more abuse than helping going on, she thought the poor were better off poor and suffering as it made them more like Christ (which is more a true Christian position than most people are comfortable recognizing). Most of these missions are more about conversion than physical assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Barret View Post
      if that person you're talking about has changed ppl's lives, then believe it or not he's being productive in a very positive manner.

that person could be insane in some ways, but then again, he could have possibly reached a higher level of spirituality, one that he put to practical use.
      This is the **** I'm talking about. It's all that is good on this Earth..............and the bold really has me laughing in my chair because it's just the ****ing truth. Hands down.

I will go to the grave believing the later of that statement about some people......because I feel like I know it as a fact.

It's not even open for argument with me and I'll simply reject anyone's opposition to it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
        Do you know what she was doing? The media sure hyped her up but there's plenty of evidence there was a lot more abuse than helping going on, she thought the poor were better off poor and suffering as it made them more like Christ (which is more a true Christian position than most people are comfortable recognizing). Most of these missions are more about conversion than physical assistance.
        From what i have read she helped the poor and children of Calcutta for most of her life. If what you say is true and her mission was to convert and not help then i would say you might have a point but thats not what i have heard.

Comment

From what i have read she helped the poor and children of Calcutta for most of her life. If what you say is true and her mission was to convert and not help then i would say you might have a point but thats not what i have heard.
          You didn't have to read that, it's what was reported in pop culture all over the planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mis...ion_%28book%29

Comment

You didn't have to read that, it's what was reported in pop culture all over the planet.

Wow i never heard any of those things about her. It is possible that her view on the poor may have had something to do with what the bible teaches.

Comment

what a beautiful person.

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                This is the **** I'm talking about. It's all that is good on this Earth..............and the bold really has me laughing in my chair because it's just the ****ing truth. Hands down.

I will go to the grave believing the later of that statement about some people......because I feel like I know it as a fact.

It's not even open for argument with me and I'll simply reject anyone's opposition to it.
                i used to just talk sports with him until this one time he said to me"you are not here to talk about sports" it was weird how he could tell because i didnt ever think about talking to him about anything other then sports until that time.since then we talk sports & life ...his insight on suicide was interesting...he said the self torture a person lives in while alive is nothing compared to what its like afterwards.he doesnt talk about burning in hell but he says the purgatory you will be in is seeing how your life would have turned out & thats why suicide is not good.you cut your life short without knowing what the future holds.when you die he says you see the past,present & future....when living, life only makes sense when we look back....too bad we are always moving forward...

Comment

makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

hey i won't believe Mother Teresa & her intentions, i mean she's born in Europe, but decided to stay in poor India, and had deep doubts over the legitimacy of religion & Christ himself, but still helped & devoted her life to the poor..

BUT

i'll believe Christopher Hitchens, a fatty writing & researching in his office, trying to get his 15 minute of fame of someone as big as Teresa.

you're the fish that fell for the bait, must feel real good..

Comment

Wow i never heard any of those things about her. It is possible that her view on the poor may have had something to do with what the bible teaches.
                    Yeah, not many people do. I believe Penn & Teller also did an ep. of Bull****! at least partially about her as well (haven't seen it though).

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Barret View Post
                      makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

hey i won't believe Mother Teresa & her intentions, i mean she's born in Europe, but decided to stay in poor India, and had deep doubts over the legitimacy of religion & Christ himself, but still helped & devoted her life to the poor..

BUT

i'll believe Christopher Hitchens, a fatty writing & researching in his office, trying to get his 15 minute of fame of someone as big as Teresa.

you're the fish that fell for the bait, must feel real good..
                      I don't give a damn about that guy at all, these things were reported and criticized by plenty of other people, that was just an easy link to basic info. Go take your assumptions and **** yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X