No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's success raises questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many places Pac grew up in?
    Next time i think they will write Pac's birthplace is Cambodia.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
      First, it is OK to bring up the subject in an era that is tainted with PEDs...especially athletes that are on the West-Coast.

The testing system in boxing is bogus and you should know that. Remember, Mosley past...and many others pass tests. You can be on detectable steroids and still pass because you can cycle them and get them out of your system. Now add HGH, Insulin, and undetectable high performance drugs...highly unlikely you are getting caught unless there is a raid on your lab...like Balco caused with Mosley.

Boxing should at least copy Pro Tennis drug testing system.

But that is besides the point: Look at the bold. Seems more reasonable.
      Be that as it may, I prefer not to look at boxers in suspicion that they are taking performance enhancers, it brings the sport down.

And I feel Pacquiao is being unfairly targeted in all this, people are just targeting him because of Mayweather Sr.'s rambling.

Comment

It looks like Floyd Sr's plan to destroy Pac's image is becoming a success.

Someone need to put that old man back in prison where he belongs..
        He's a scum.
        Last edited by VERDUGO; 11-17-2009, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tapatio View Post

Its sad actually.

The worst part of that piece,

he compared a 31 year old fighter in his prime,

to a 37 year old ball player at the tail end of his career.

Manny has been knocking out guys for damn near ever now,

while prior to his record breaking season,
          Bonds never hit more than 50 HRs in a year.

After the record breaker,

he goes all the way back down to 46?

Terrible comparison by the writer and the editor who allowed that to pass should run into a tree face first.
          Do you know Roger Maris's stats?

Prior to hitting 61 HRs he hit 39 HRs the previous season. The following season after he hit 61, he dropped down to 33 and never even hit 30 after that.
          Although stress may have killed his career.

I'm actually glad Bonds did steroids and give him a pass. He proved they worked when everybody wasn't so sure.

Bonds was a Great Player that saw Average players becoming Good and Good players becoming Great that not only caught up to him but passed him. So, a Great Player like Bonds took the magic serum and went from a Great Player to a GOD and proved that it worked.

What he should have done is just exposed the truth and ditched the b.s. about "keep it in house."
          But of course it would not have been proof that steroids did that much more for the player. His use did prove it did a lot.
          Last edited by Benny Leonard; 11-17-2009, 04:21 AM.

Comment

with full stomach, gloves, trunks, shoes, at 149 lb?

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
              Be that as it may, I prefer not to look at boxers in suspicion that they are taking performance enhancers, it brings the sport down.

And I feel Pacquiao is being unfairly targeted in all this, people are just targeting him because of Mayweather Sr.'s rambling.
              But it can call for an actual testing program that is better than the one they currently have. And instead of just up it one grade level...go straight to the top like Pro Tennis has done. That's the positive.
              The negative is that it is throwing names out there that may not be using and that sucks.

Even now, the casual person looks at a person with muscles and thinks he must be using. Why? because the casual person is fat and lazy and he watches TV and he sees PEDs news all over the place.

Sr. shouldn't have thrown Pac's name out there. If he wanted to say something he should have said that boxing should have a better testing system because boxers can and may be using PEDs.

Comment

But it can call for an actual testing program that is better than the one they currently have. And instead of just up it one grade level...go straight to the top like Pro Tennis has done. That's the positive.
                The negative is that it is throwing names out there that may not be using and that sucks.

Even now, the casual person looks at a person with muscles and thinks he must be using. Why? because the casual person is fat and lazy and he watches TV and he sees PEDs news all over the place.

Sr. shouldn't have thrown Pac's name out there. If he wanted to say something he should have said that boxing should have a better testing system because boxers can and may be using PEDs.
                This I can definitely agree with, boxing does need better drug testing but still, people should stop writing articles about Pacquiao using illegal drugs unless they have something more definite than ramblings from a sometimes incoherent person.

Comment

Do you know Roger Maris's stats?

Prior to hitting 61 HRs he hit 39 HRs the previous season. The following season after he hit 61, he dropped down to 33 and never even hit 30 after that.
                  Although stress may have killed his career.

I'm actually glad Bonds did steroids and give him a pass. He proved they worked when everybody wasn't so sure.

Bonds was a Great Player that saw Average players becoming Good and Good players becoming Great that not only caught up to him but passed him. So, a Great Player like Bonds took the magic serum and went from a Great Player to a GOD and proved that it worked.

What he should have done is just exposed the truth and ditched the b.s. about "keep it in house."
                  But of course it would not have been proof that steroids did that much more for the player. His use did prove it did a lot.

lmao,

I was a baseball fanatic before it was boxing.

and Maris simply had a career year,

or was drinking so much of that coffee, it helped him get the record,
                  then kill him with the stress. His hair started falling out thats for sure.

or, maybe he was using roids as well.

either way, its suspicious in Maris part, but still a terrible example to compare to when using Bonds.

but shame on you for giving passes to cheaters.

Comment

what a bogus article. roach is right, pacman probably has no idea what steroids is. the Philippines aren't that rich in resources and to think they have any type of steroids or performance enhancing drugs is far fetched.

Comment

Originally posted by Tapatio View Post

lmao,

I was a baseball fanatic before it was boxing.

and Maris simply had a career year,

or was drinking so much of that coffee, it helped him get the record,
                      then kill him with the stress. His hair started falling out thats for sure.

or, maybe he was using roids as well.

either way, its suspicious in Maris part, but still a terrible example to compare to when using Bonds.

but shame on you for giving passes to cheaters.

You have to understand my point with Bonds better if you don't. He took the fall for the entire steroids era yet they were doing it a good 10+ years prior to him using. Ego or not, he showed many things: Even the best feel trapped and can fall into temptation. Players feel they can't speak out any other way because of the "code of the players."
                      He proved PEDs work when others were not so sure how much they worked. Look at the numbers.
                      Baseball allowed cheating. They allowed steroid use. Hell, they allow cheating in general...always have. Greenies have been used for a very long time. Maybe we should take many of the ATG players out of the HOF. Greenies do help. And of course other drugs that can keep you playing.
                      You know what else is cheating the record books? Keep black players out of baseball all those years. Get rid of Ruth.

That's why I give him a pass.

Comment

Working...
                      X