No announcement yet.

Predict Wilder's Tuesday Announcement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I haven't seen the subscription numbers for DAZN here in the US so I don't know. I do know it's rumored to be around 200K which would mean what you said is absolutely false. But that's a rumor.
    Even if that was the case, 200k is significantly more than what Wilder could draw on PPV vs anyone but Fury and Joshua.

Also, by the time Canelo vs Jacobs rolls around that number will have 4x'd meaning again, many more people would watch DAZN than Wilder on PPV.

Whichever way you slice it or dice it, Wilder just isn't a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Even if that was the case, 200k is significantly more than what Wilder could draw on PPV vs anyone but Fury and Joshua.

Also, by the time Canelo vs Jacobs rolls around that number will have 4x'd meaning again, many more people would watch DAZN than Wilder on PPV.

Whichever way you slice it or dice it, Wilder just isn't a draw.
      I don't know. I think he might be able to do over 200K for an Ortiz rematch. But more important...who says he's fighting on PPV versus anyone other than Wilder or Fury? Quite a caveat. Wilder's fights draw more than DAZN fights, period.

Comment

I don't know. I think he might be able to do over 200K for an Ortiz rematch. But more important...who says he's fighting on PPV versus anyone other than Wilder or Fury? Quite a caveat. Wilder's fights draw more than DAZN fights, period.
        Maybe he'd crack 200k vs Ortiz. but after how Ortiz has been looking lately, that may not even happen.

12 rounders vs kaufmann and hammer isn't exactly the stuff of "second best heavyweight in the world" bs that Wilder and his promoter liked to say

The truth is, Wilder made him look that good.

Right, Wilder's fights on free to air networks, that's been established for more than 50 years draw more than an app that launched 3 months ago.

I could sit and watch paint dry on FOX and it would do higher numbers than DAZNs opening events.

Does that mean I'm a draw too?

Comment

Maybe he'd crack 200k vs Ortiz. but after how Ortiz has been looking lately, that may not even happen.

12 rounders vs kaufmann and hammer isn't exactly the stuff of "second best heavyweight in the world" bs that Wilder and his promoter liked to say

The truth is, Wilder made him look that good.

Right, Wilder's fights on free to air networks, that's been established for more than 50 years draw more than an app that launched 3 months ago.

I could sit and watch paint dry on FOX and it would do higher numbers than DAZNs opening events.

Does that mean I'm a draw too?
          So in other words, Wilder does better numbers than DAZN.

Comment

So in other words, Wilder does better numbers than DAZN.
            Not on PPV - as was my comment

reading is fundamental dear friend.

Comment

Not on PPV - as was my comment

reading is fundamental dear friend.
              It is. Which is why I said that's quite a caveat. He's had one PPV. Wilder won't be fighting randoms on PPV so no need to limit it to that.

Comment

It is. Which is why I said that's quite a caveat. He's had one PPV. Wilder won't be fighting randoms on PPV so no need to limit it to that.
                He'd make huge numbers on free to air tv, but would make FA money from it. So that's not the comparison.

Even Wilder isn't dumb enough to turn down $100M+ on DAZN for relatively tiny purses on free to air. He would have to be on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  He'd make huge numbers on free to air tv, but would make FA money from it. So that's not the comparison.

Even Wilder isn't dumb enough to turn down $100M+ on DAZN for relatively tiny purses on free to air. He would have to be on PPV.
                  DAZN doesn't have rights to Wilder, nor do they have rights to Breazeale. Quite frankly, whatever Wilder does with that fight is a non-issue for me as that's what's next, whether we like it or not. They can negotiate the Joshua fight after with DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Pretty much. The arms race is real.

Errol Spence Jr seems set to basically be locked in on FOX (Spence-Pacquiao ends up on Showtime in my opinion; every other Spence PPV fight is viable for FOX), but with Wilder as the PPV face for Showtime, the same 'family of networks' (Showtime/FOX) would have the only viable PPV fighters in the sport (Canelo cashed out his PPV run to help build an app).
                    We are just a few hours away now before CBS announces that huge $300mil Multi-fight deal with Deontay Wilder

Comment

It's weird though that he's placed ahead of Joshua wouldn't you say?

Wilder:

Search score: 100
                      Endorsements: 1.6m
                      Social following: 2.5m

Joshua:

Search score: 27
                      Endorsements: 7m
                      Social following: 7.7m

Also I don't know where Tyson Fury has 21million social followers, and it says he's more famous than Wayne Rooney. haha.

they must have been smoking crack writing this list.
                      It just goes to show that you can never underestimate or count out the charima of the "Bronze Bomber". I tried to tell everyone on here that his profile has risen.

He's damn near 30 spots ahead of Anthony Joshua now on that ESPN list of the most famous boxers in the world and the nerve of certain British fans who says he doesn't deserve a 50 percent. Globally, fans love Deontay Wilder; More than they love Anthony Joshua who is only local and regional.

In addition, I thought AJ really harmed his career after the Klitschko fight by staying in Britain and fighting only his mandatories; Instead of fighting for the undisputed championship of the world by avoiding and ducking Wilder.

Now look what's happened? It has backfired. Anthony Joshua stock has dropped to an all-time low among boxing fans worldwide who lives outside of the U.K.

Comment

Working...
                      X