No announcement yet.

Knee Injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
    Check out athleanx videos on it band stretches and knee pain, he seems to know his stuff.

https://youtu.be/5YYb9vyj6zQ
    Man I think you may be on to something. I'm doing that one stretch at the top of the website, and I just stretched my leg afterward and didn't feel any pain. It felt practically normal.

If this is actually the problem, then whoa

I'll check the vid out!

Comment

Originally posted by todisday View Post
      Man I think you may be on to something. I'm doing that one stretch at the top of the website, and I just stretched my leg afterward and didn't feel any pain. It felt practically normal.

If this is actually the problem, then whoa

I'll check the vid out!
      Hope it is, hope you can solve it quick.

Comment

Hope it is, hope you can solve it quick.
        I'm just amazed that I'm not feeling a lot of pain right now. Who would've thought that something so simple could fix a baaad problem? What in the world? So all I had to do was stretch?

Comment

I'm just amazed that I'm not feeling a lot of pain right now. Who would've thought that something so simple could fix a baaad problem? What in the world? So all I had to do was stretch?
          That's great man, glad to hear it's helping. I'm no expert in it, I had a similar problem/fix before. The whole body is connected, always amazing how one thing can affect another seemingly unrelated thing.

Comment

That's great man, glad to hear it's helping. I'm no expert in it, I had a similar problem/fix before. The whole body is connected, always amazing how one thing can affect another seemingly unrelated thing.
            Yeah, I'm totally bewildered. There's still a little sting when I stand up and stretch it, but it's much less than usual. It definitely is helping and might even be the complete fix if I keep at it consistently. I guess the inactivity those months must've weakened that band, so now it needs to get retrained to movement.

If this works, then, woo, I am thankful not to be in that kind of pain anymore, I'll tell you that much!

You're a wizard!

Comment

I've had a nagging knee injury for about 6 months. It feels like the knee is bruised inside, specifically the portion where the lower leg bone connects to the rest of the knee. The injury feels pretty deep when I stretch my leg out. I've tried resting it, and it didn't do anything. Then, I took the opposite approach, and have tried to see if working out would fix it--nope.

Have any of you experienced something like this? Is my only choice to go to a doctor and take some sort of medical steroid?

I had to go to the physiotherapist. That injury takes forever to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                I had to go to the physiotherapist. That injury takes forever to heal.
                Did he primarily have you stretch it, too?

Comment

Did he primarily have you stretch it, too?
                  He gave me some exercises to do and I quickly started recovering afterwards I started doing squats.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                    He gave me some exercises to do and I quickly started recovering afterwards I started doing squats.
                    The stretching is helping me out, too. I still have some pain at certain times, but whenever I stretch it, it feels a lot better. That's how I know it's working, because usually it's in pain all the time. I think there's a chance it'll go away after I do this for a while

Comment

The stretching is helping me out, too. I still have some pain at certain times, but whenever I stretch it, it feels a lot better. That's how I know it's working, because usually it's in pain all the time. I think there's a chance it'll go away after I do this for a while
                      It's better to see a doctor then if necessary he will refer you to the physio. If not at least he can prescribe some good anti inflamatories.

Comment

Working...
                      X