Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo was forgiving when he finally fought 3G..Will yall keep same energy with Keith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
    Ducking 3 fights isn’t that bad tbh

1.5 years?

That seems pretty normal

Keith been “injured” longer than that
    But who are we to judge his injury and recovery tho...He already was fighting injured like most fighters.

Comment

I don't think he has done anything really wrong except to cherry pick Lopez and then look terrible in beating him. If he fights Porter or Manny and then Spence he would be doing what a good champion is supposed to do. I think he might lose to Porter or Manny and I am sure he would lose to Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by omh View Post
        Not the same situation Keith let everyone know he won't fight Spence in 2018 and 19 canelo made ggg multiple offers to fight and refused to negotiate on weight then when canelo agreed to ggg preferred weight ggg refused the fight over money.ggg could of got the fight sooner but he and his team got greedy
        Not entirely true, ggg refused to put his titles on the line for a catchweight fight, canelo didn’t wanna fight without the titles.... both were too blame for the fight not happening

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
          Not entirely true, ggg refused to put his titles on the line for a catchweight fight, canelo didn’t wanna fight without the titles.... both were too blame for the fight not happening
          Canelo had dropped the weight demand and the belt and was still in negotiations.ggg was trying to use the belts as leverage for a 50-50 split it was canelo that told him he could keep his belts and would fight him without them on the linel.the wbc made a stupid mistake putting a 15 day deadline on negotiations and backing ggg on the crazy financial demands.all the pressure from fans and media was on canelo and GBP to make the fight but none was put on ggg and his promoter to make concessions like canelo and every other fighter did before him the same situation is going on right now with aj and wilder the fans and media are trying to make the guy that took all the risk and alone brings in all the money give a undeserving unknown protected fighter a crazy split

Comment

Canelo had not fought at 160 lbs until he fought Chavez at 164. It’s not entirely fair to ask him to move up and face the #1 guy in his first fight at 160

Thurman has been at Spence’s weight class for years

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
              Canelo had not fought at 160 lbs until he fought Chavez at 164. It’s not entirely fair to ask him to move up and face the #1 guy in his first fight at 160

Thurman has been at Spence’s weight class for years
              But at first Spence fought nobody when he fought Brook Thurman was fighting Porter then Garcia...Before that they was wanting him to just fight him b4 he earned his shot.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                But at first Spence fought nobody when he fought Brook Thurman was fighting Porter then Garcia...Before that they was wanting him to just fight him b4 he earned his shot.
                ggg also fought nobody before jacobs. . canelo already had big names and also high risk low reward fights on his resume...

Comment

GGG won the first fight and 2nd fight is a toss up imo. GGG ate his words. He said he’ll knock Canelo out if he fights mexican style.

Comment

Originally posted by omh View Post
                    Not the same situation Keith let everyone know he won't fight Spence in 2018 and 19 canelo made ggg multiple offers to fight and refused to negotiate on weight then when canelo agreed to ggg preferred weight ggg refused the fight over money.ggg could of got the fight sooner but he and his team got greedy
                    Do you have a bit more detail on these multiple offers? Ain't quite how I recall things going down. Way I remember it Canelo dropped his belt, giving the reason that he wasn't going to be be forced to the WBCs schedule, before any real negotiations took place although there had been the usual back and forth in the media. Further negotiations then ceased due - according to Oscar - to Canelo's unresolved legal problems with his former promoter.

Not quite sure the version of events you describe quite tells the same story as Oscar and Canelo did, so I'm wondering what sources you used?

As to demands for 50/50 there is this from late 2016:

http://ucnlive.com/tom-loeffler-expe...tful-2017-ggg/

“I just spoke to (Golden Boy President) Eric Gomez today, so we’re also in continuing discussions and that fight – if it happens – we’re targeting September 2017 and hopefully we can make that fight. That’s the biggest fight commercially in the sport of boxing. I think both sides would win in that situation. It’s a tremendous fight and it would be the biggest fight in the United States and we’ll try everything from our side to try to make that happen,” said Loeffler, who says their side has a full understanding that, in this equation, they are the B-side to “Canelo.”

That hasn’t been an issue from our side,” Loeffler clearly stated. “We just want to get the fight. We’ve conceded that Golden Boy would be the lead promoter, that Canelo would get the lion’s share of the monies. We just want to get the fight for Gennady. Gennady brings his titles. He’s got his world titles he can bring with him and Canelo said he’d meet him at middleweight. So there aren’t a lot of obstacles in making that fight.”
                    ...but i don't recall seeing any reports from 2016 that GGG was demanding 50/50 although it was a number of folk ran with that claim to blame Golovkin after Canelo said he wasn't going to be forced by the WBC into 'artificial deadlines'. Perhaps I missed some articles that show GGG demanded a half share?
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-13-2019, 03:15 AM.

Comment

What is there to forgive? I don't get it. Did he fail a drug test or something?

Comment

Working...
                      X