No announcement yet.

Watched the replay and Vargas proved he beats 7/10 top welterweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lparm View Post
    Manny is 2-1 against Tim and dominated him 3 times but Timmy got a gift. Explain how the losing man gets ranked higher considering how wide he lost?

Maidana has been beaten by several fighters besides Floyd so by your logic Swift is the next greatest because he beat the man that beat the maidana.

Compelling argument indeed.
    I already explained why about Manny and Bradley in my original post.

you either didn't read it or lack some reading comprehension.

None of the fighters who beat Maidana were top welters at the time of his retirement, and none of those losses were very recent so that is completely irrelevant.

And just lol @ you bringing Danny into this, triangle theories don't work in boxing and you should know that as long as you've been here.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      I already explained why about Manny and Bradley in my original post.

you either didn't read it or lack some reading comprehension.

None of the fighters who beat Maidana were top welters at the time of his retirement, and none of those losses were very recent so that is completely irrelevant.

And just lol @ you bringing Danny into this, triangle theories don't work in boxing and you should know that as long as you've been here.
      I don't know you son but you seem like someone that's been here for 6 years would understand when a guy loses 2 very wide decisions and wins only 1 tight decision he's the loser in the series and is ranked below the victor.

The triangle theory was to point out the sheer stupidity of calling maidana top next to Floyd. Maidana couldn't handle the glass jaw of khan or Alexander but he's over Manny, brook and Thurman????

Come on man lay off the pipe.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
          I don't know you son but you seem like someone that's been here for 6 years would understand when a guy loses 2 very wide decisions and wins only 1 tight decision he's the loser in the series and is ranked below the victor.

The triangle theory was to point out the sheer stupidity of calling maidana top next to Floyd. Maidana couldn't handle the glass jaw of khan or Alexander but he's over Manny, brook and Thurman????

Come on man lay off the pipe.
          More ignorant drivel.

You don't have to agree with my ranking but I clearly explained why in the first post I made and won't do it again.

Triangle theories don't work in boxing PERIOD. So stop trying to backtrack and justify it.

Yes, he was over those three fighters for me at the time, and no, losses to Khan and Alexander have no affect whatsoever for a ww ranking in 2014.

Guess we should drop Pac down to 15-20 since he lost to Singsurat.

Comment

lol... he's overrating Maidana because he gave Floyd a good match.

Maidana did nothing but beat Broner who was new to the division.

Took the money from the Floyd fights and retired. Never won a belt at welterweight.

lol

Comment

vargas will kill maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
                lol... he's overrating Maidana because he gave Floyd a good match.

Maidana did nothing but beat Broner who was new to the division.

Took the money from the Floyd fights and retired. Never won a belt at welterweight.

lol
                Of course he overrates Maidana. He's a Floyd nut hugger that sees Floyd as an angel that do no wrong and Manny is a cheating devil despite the facts and evidences according to him. He overrates a one dimensional brawlers in Maidana because he gave Floyd a beating. In no way or form can you put a man on top of the man who had beaten you.

His Rankings put Timothy Bradley above Manny for crying out loud, that's how much he hates MP.

Comment

Nice trolling there OP

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    I don't think he can get through Thurman and I'd say Spence is a 50/50 fight.

Brook and Porter also beat him imo, and Brook is absolutely a top welter, Porter is a top 10 welter as well but Brook is #1 then comes Bradley in my list. I won't rate Manny above Bradley anytime soon because that's the only top welter he can beat, wheras Manny is the only fringe top welter Bradley might lose to.

The ww division isn't particularly "strong" as far as eras go so I don't see why you think this is some strong statement by the way.

The two best welters (Floyd and Maidana) retired and the rest have to prove themselves against each other still.

maidana top 2 ww with floyd, the fat argentinian who only have 3 fights at WW, two of them are loses and his only win are againts mediocre broner?

really? not pac, bradley or even thurmann?? the fat c.unt is your choice as the one who joining floyd as the two top WW in the last 5 years or so.

man......

Comment

Maidana is top level elite brawler. he will give any defensive minded fighters even an elite atg like floyd tough fight.

but that's it, he's only one dimensional brawler
                      put him againts top boxer-puncher like manny or thurman he'll get knock out
                      Last edited by betmen; 11-09-2016, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X