Official Comments Thread: "Miracle Man" Jacobs vs "Good Boy" Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Of course.

But i mean what other gameplan can you have against Golovkin if you're Jacobs? try to be cute and tricky and land single shots? If you're as good Floyd maybe it could work, but not for Jacobs. Golovkin is too good at cutting off the ring and pressuring, so trying to stay away won't work unless you're master of controlling distance.

Jacobs best attribute is his power and accuracy. So he would be a bit stupid to go in there and not try and land shots like Kell Brook did. Yeah it might get him flattened, but at least he'll be fighting to his strengths and trying to win.

If you go in the fight with Golovkin and your Plan A is to survive, you won't.
    Lol I was just kidding but I know what you mean.

Jacobs can box pretty well, has great power and as you said accuracy. He's a pain in the ass for GGG. We have seen Jacobs beaten but we haven't seen Golovkin beaten.

Comment

Would be very surprised if this happened but if Jacobs actually wants it Haymon usually makes it happen for his guys. Usually his fighters only get meh fights when they say "whatever Haymon wants me to do" or "I gotta talk to Al first". Floyd and Khan both asked for Manny & Canelo and got it. Jacobs needs to put his foot down if hes actually serious.

With that said I think Jacobs lands some nice hard shots maybe even stuns Triple G but eventually gets dropped in a 5-6 round war. Jacobs the type to go downs swing so it'll be fun while it lasts.

Comment

Holy **** this polls one sided

This is what happens when you play the waiting game

Comment

Probably GGG KO Jacobs before 8. Corner won't save him, probably ref

Comment

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
            Bets will be placed on which round GGG get's the KO no other outcome of the fight is possible in our world, or other dimensions just as the case was with the Khanelo fight.
            This guy thinks like a child...

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Wrong. Golovkin is all wrong for Jacobs. Jacobs has a puncher's chance at best and you know it.
              All GGG has is a puncher's chance if you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                I 100% agree that Golovkin was exposed. It comes down to who can catch who first now but GGG is likelier to take Jacobs punch than Jacobs is to take Golovkins. Let's not be naive about that. One fighter was knocked out and put on the canvas by Mora while the other hasn't been down once amateur or pro.
                ....one guy brings his punches straight back, while the other drops his to his waist.

One guy stayed in the amateurs too long and is STILL untested as a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ218 View Post
                  I saw how Jacobs fought against Pirog. I hope it's not a repeat.
                  That was a long time ago.

Who was GGG fighting back then???...and is he as good as Pirog???

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
                    Holy **** this polls one sided

This is what happens when you play the waiting game
                    What happens?
                    You lose an online poll

You Golovita.rds are the dumbest fanbase .............EVER.

Comment

Jacobs vs GGG is the fight I would most like to see. For all the crying about he needs to move up, I want to see GGG beat the best at 160 first. Through no fault of his own, he hasn't done that. I'd like to see him fight Jacobs, Saunders and Canelo before he moves up. I would favor GGG in all 3 fights, but I think both Jacobs and Canelo have a good chance against him .

Comment

Working...
                      X