Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Joe Joyce the fastest heavyweight alive today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
    Nikolai Valuev was briefly a sparring partner for Joyce, but was kicked out of training camp because Joe was overwhelmed by his lightning-fast jab and dazzling combinations.

I would like to see Joe in big fights though, just in case he actually wins them, which would be hilarious.

He did get stunned early in his last fight though, too busy messing around. (ISTR body shot?)

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

I would like to see Joe in big fights though, just in case he actually wins them, which would be hilarious.

He did get stunned early in his last fight though, too busy messing around. (ISTR body shot?)
      Joyce has a win over the number one prospect who is Hrgovic ,well hes not actually one but that's irrelevant. You guys can make fun of Joyce but no one who watches boxing would be shocked if or when he wins because hes a top guy and certain guys would lose to him which is just about everyone ,even Wilder whos chin wont hold up if that fight happens, Joshua, Fury and maybe Hrgovic gets past him.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        Joyce has a win over the number one prospect who is Hrgovic ,well hes not actually one but that's irrelevant. You guys can make fun of Joyce but no one who watches boxing would be shocked if or when he wins because hes a top guy and certain guys would lose to him which is just about everyone ,even Wilder whos chin wont hold up if that fight happens, Joshua, Fury and maybe Hrgovic gets past him.
        He is deceptive and I hope he proves me wrong. It is possible. I think in general he is too nice and doesn't "love a fight" as much as some of the other heavyweights and that would be why he would lose them as much as his physical attributes would be. I mean when I picture him in the ring with for example, Wilder, I imagine Wilder landing his one 2 down the pipe before Joe has even moved. Fury against him feels like it would be BJS Lemiuex x10. I guess we need to see him really take a flush good punch as if his chin is granite he really may be just slow unstoppable doom for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
          He is deceptive and I hope he proves me wrong. It is possible. I think in general he is too nice and doesn't "love a fight" as much as some of the other heavyweights and that would be why he would lose them as much as his physical attributes would be. I mean when I picture him in the ring with for example, Wilder, I imagine Wilder landing his one 2 down the pipe before Joe has even moved. Fury against him feels like it would be BJS Lemiuex x10. I guess we need to see him really take a flush good punch as if his chin is granite he really may be just slow unstoppable doom for anyone.
          What you said mostly is far from real though,no one throws down like Joyce and forces brutal fights that favor his work rate. Have you really seen him fight ? Not only does he favor wars he performs better while under pressure. His one hiccup was a body shot but what does that say ? Jennings is still a better boxer then most,the top guys cant box like him but are bigger and stronger so they are more effective but style wise it plays into Joyces game.

Lets give the guy a break hes only about a dozen fights in, not even let him mature,.Joyce is intelligent and wont be so easy for anyone, i think hes a top 5 guy now if I was placing him.

He took a giant punch from Stiverne,when he was fighting Wilder he was a massive puncher but not against Joyce?

Comment

What you said mostly is far from real though,no one throws down like Joyce and forces brutal fights that favor his work rate. Have you really seen him fight ? Not only does he favor wars he performs better while under pressure. His one hiccup was a body shot but what does that say ? Jennings is still a better boxer then most,the top guys cant box like him but are bigger and stronger so they are more effective but style wise it plays into Joyces game.

Lets give the guy a break hes only about a dozen fights in, not even let him mature,.Joyce is intelligent and wont be so easy for anyone, i think hes a top 5 guy now if I was placing him.

He took a giant punch from Stiverne,when he was fighting Wilder he was a massive puncher but not against Joyce?
            I've watched all of his pro fights and a handful of hisd amateur fights. You are exaggerating greatly.

Comment

I've watched all of his pro fights and a handful of hisd amateur fights. You are exaggerating greatly.
              Joyce gave Usyk his toughest fight in 5 rnd rules bf he won silver.

Joyce should have won gold in Olympics.

Joyce won alphabet belts in his first few fights,

Joyce was Furys chief sparring partner leading up to Wilder.

Joyce has the best punch output at HW .

You said he doesnt like hard fights, well no you haven't seen him fight .
              Last edited by REDEEMER; 09-29-2019, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Joyce gave Usyk his toughest fight in 5 rnd rules bf he won silver.

Joyce should have won gold in Olympics.

Joyce won alphabet belts in his first few fights,

Joyce was Furys chief sparring partner leading up to Wilder.

Joyce has the best punch output at HW .

You said he doesnt like hard fights, well no you haven't seen him fight .
                I said that he doesn't appear to enjoy fighting and seems a nice guy, not that he cannot fight a hard fight. And if I remember right 3rd round Joyce in the Usyk match was what I want to see more of, but its been a while so may be fuzzy.

Comment

It's all very weird isn't it? This encapsulates exactly how I feel about Joyce (especially how I'd envision Fury - Joyce playing out), and yet there seems to be this tremendous disconnect between Joyce's sheer general athleticism (backflips!) and the "half-speed playback" business you see in the ring. The impression I'm left with is that he by all rights should be moving and punching faster than he is. It's almost disconcerting.

Comment

Look at this cocky personality vacuum dissing our boy Joe:

He can talk about how he'd beat Joyce, but I bet if our Joe started throwing a right hand now it'd land right on Dubois at the opening bell.

Comment

I said that he doesn't appear to enjoy fighting and seems a nice guy, not that he cannot fight a hard fight. And if I remember right 3rd round Joyce in the Usyk match was what I want to see more of, but its been a while so may be fuzzy.
                      What fight shows he doesn't enjoy fighting ? That's just ..what ? Ha

Comment

Working...
                      X