Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward as commentator is honest about his attitude about boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get what you're saying and I agree that it's a FIGHT - I don't always mind grinders like that because it brings an intensity and physicality to the fight that can be missing when you get some cute former AM's in there. As ugly and frustrating as a lot of his fights were...SOME elements of what he did had thought and skill behind it...the wrestling, arm control, keeping a hand free, and balance in there is something a lot of fighters improve on in close quarters. (Let's not get crazy though, probably don't want 50 Ward clones around )

But Ward, I think he might have been better off had he just been honest about what he was instead of getting upset and looking down on fans who just didn't like how excessive he was with the dirty part of his game

Comment

Yeah, Ward likes to encourage cheating if you can get away with it.

Comment

Ward is garbage. Calling himself Son of God. Then saying hey, do a crime, it's ok as long as you're not caught.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
          I get what you're saying and I agree that it's a FIGHT - I don't always mind grinders like that because it brings an intensity and physicality to the fight that can be missing when you get some cute former AM's in there. As ugly and frustrating as a lot of his fights were...SOME elements of what he did had thought and skill behind it...the wrestling, arm control, keeping a hand free, and balance in there is something a lot of fighters improve on in close quarters. (Let's not get crazy though, probably don't want 50 Ward clones around )

But Ward, I think he might have been better off had he just been honest about what he was instead of getting upset and looking down on fans who just didn't like how excessive he was with the dirty part of his game
          Yeah, Ward would always say "Everybody knows, I'm not a dirty fighter".
          Now he says fight dirty and let the ref worry about enforcing the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            Aye man, that's the grit he possesses to take him to the top tier of boxing. He's a tough motherfuker, and basically what he was saying was when **** gets rough and tumble you need to stand your ground
            Yeah but Ward retired undefeated and doesn’t have a lot of fights compared to most. If he ever lost and there were sum rough tactics involved who knows what he’d say. He certainly clinched a lot in the first Kovalev fight. He got the win so that’s sum ring IQ. I know that’s not quite the same. But I don’t remember Ward ever having it rough and tumble against someone? I’ve followed Ward since the beginning, always knew he was good. Still when he was all terrain fighter he sure liked to fight near home. Sometimes I think he forgets that we were all there for it. He’s not the most experienced fighter by a long shot. I don’t want to slag cause he was very good, I just don’t see his insight being as valuable as a lot of others. I don’t think he ever fought Pro outside of the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
              Yeah, Ward would always say "Everybody knows, I'm not a dirty fighter".
              Now he says fight dirty and let the ref worry about enforcing the rules.
              He said he got "grimmy and dirty" to "beat" Kovalev in the first fight.

https://www.boxingscene.com/ward-we-...-heart--110990

Comment

The mind boggling thing about Wards fights is that when he got dirty few of his opponents responded in kind. It's mind boggling. Personally if I was a trainer I'd tell my fighter if he hits you low give it back to him or thumb him in the eye. It's bad enough that the referees allow him to get away with illegal tactics but his opponent generally don't retaliate so they can accept part of the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  I'm a fan of Ward Commentary...do I agree with everything he says of course not but he at least TRIES to be fair

Joe Tessitor and Timothy Bradley basically just FAN OUT for the Top Rank Guy on ESPN and that is it
                  How you explained the peanuts he s h I t t e d all over Lopez who is a top rank espn guy?

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
                    How you explained the peanuts he s h I t t e d all over Lopez who is a top rank espn guy?
                    Was referring to the recent Loma vs Campbell fight but yeah Bradley depending on who is fighting will call out some fighters sure but he no question lean mostly towards Top Rank

I think he recently said Zurdo Ramirez is the best at 175 or something like that

Bradley just blurt things out sometimes that doesn't make much sense

Comment

Ward is a smart commentator but my god he is Biased...
                      Bradley... I sometimes wonder if he gets hit too hard.
                      Kellerman is pretty good, but again, biased.

Comment

Working...
                      X