No announcement yet.

The HW division just can’t produce legit great fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The HW division just can’t produce legit great fighters

This was considered the best which the guys who have been following the sport for more than 10 yrs(not many here)know neither guy looked nowhere near the level of guys like Evander, Lewis, Bowen etc.

This was two stiff awkward moving guys with below average skill but one with less then the other.

Standards have definitely dropped.

Yep.

I've been saying it for a while now, it's one of the weaker divisions in the sport.

There's no way a HW from this era can belong on a P4P list.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      Yep.

I've been saying it for a while now, it's one of the weaker divisions in the sport.

There's no way a HW from this era can belong on a P4P list.
      That’s the truth.

It’s sad that these new age fans are acting as if this was some legendary performance by either guy.

The HW division was bad with the klits and it’s maybe even worse now unfortunately.

Comment

Tyson Fury stiff ? I've heard it all now.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
          This was considered the best which the guys who have been following the sport for more than 10 yrs(not many here)know neither guy looked nowhere near the level of guys like Evander, Lewis, Bowen etc.

This was two stiff awkward moving guys with below average skill but one with less then the other.

Standards have definitely dropped.
          It's a step up from the Klitschko era, or their competition let's say, but for sure a step down from the 90s. I really feel Fury would have been a problem even in that era though. He falls short against Lennox, Evander, and Bowe but there are worse fighters who picked up straps so he would have competed for sure.

Wilder's power would make him a factor too, but prob more like a gatekeeper in that era, Lennox for sure would have done a demolition job on him, but I could see him spring an upset or 2 because of that power.

Joshua, jurys still out he's still improving a lot so I'd like to judge him after his peak

Comment

Originally posted by BackToTheJab View Post
            Tyson Fury stiff ? I've heard it all now.
            Yes

Awkwardly stiff and his punch placement is amateurish.

Wilder is worse but he has that equalizer.

Comment

Fury beats Lewis.

Comment

Working...
              X