PBC/Haymon Representative “No Terence Crawford v Errol Spence In Near Future"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
    When is he fighting any of those?

Keith "at some point" thurman is a memory at this point.

Porter has to make two mandatory defences last i heard..

Manny fighting spence if he beats broner? when was that even alluded to or wanted by fans?

We have mikey at 135 with the p4p #1 in loma saying il fight pedraza.. you fight commey and we'll do an undisputed. Thats what everyone wants.
    Robert garcia is on record saying arum wants the fight made.

Crawford and Arum are saying we'll fight spence.. now thats all gone to shet.

This is a mis-match and the vast majority doesnt support it or want it.

Just make the crawford fight.. propel yourself to stardom, and then he can fight in-house welters as much as he likes.
    doing a golovkin and fighting mikey does nothing for him.
    I don't disagree with this. This is the option most people prefer. That said, you can't kill Spence if he makes really good fights just because the Crawford fight isn't made. Now if he makes Collazo and Berto fights, then by all means we should scream and maybe boycott.

Comment

See what happens when you say people are crazy and are a cancer. They don't want to deal with you. Bob made his bed now he has to lie in it. He should've made the Crawford-Pac fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        pac would be crazy....but the pbc may think its just the fight they need to launch spence to a higher level...and they may even overpay pac his current market value to get it done if they think it raises spences profile to the level that it might.....

i cant help but think that may be part of the plan...pac is the perfect name/guy for them to push spence over the top......feed broner to him..make pac look legit again....and boom
        And charge PPV for the pleasure.

I cant see how any buying member of the public who knew anything of worth would allow themselves to pay for an old manny to get fed to spence.

I get the economics of PPV.. i rationalise it all the time to british fans who didnt understand why whyte parker was PPV, but ****ing hell.. at least make it an even fight or one where both fighters are worthy of the platform.

Comment

And charge PPV for the pleasure.

I cant see how any buying member of the public who knew anything of worth would allow themselves to pay for an old manny to get fed to spence.

I get the economics of PPV.. i rationalise it all the time to british fans who didnt understand why whyte parker was PPV, but ****ing hell.. at least make it an even fight or one where both fighters are worthy of the platform.
          "who knew anything of worth"

casual fans are all over the place....and they buy ppvs....i would agree that getting charged for it wouldnt be something id be excited about....but some people would...or wouldnt know any better....and casuals know who broner is ...and when they hear "pac beat broner...hes not dead yet"....anything can happen

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I don't disagree with this. This is the option most people prefer. That said, you can't kill Spence if he makes really good fights just because the Crawford fight isn't made. Now if he makes Collazo and Berto fights, then by all means we should scream and maybe boycott.
            I just cant get on the bandwagon that mikey is a good fight.

I love garcia........at 135.
            he looked fleshy and underpowered at 140 and i just cant see him bringing anything to 147 that'll trouble spence.

I think Mikeys gonna get handled in this fight, and i just cant get behind a PPV featuring a huge welter against a natural 135 lb fighter when it all shouts to me is that its been done because

A. Mikey is being courted by Hearn
            B. Arum not helping, but showtime want to keep things in house.

Comment

I just cant get on the bandwagon that mikey is a good fight.

I love garcia........at 135.
              he looked fleshy and underpowered at 140 and i just cant see him bringing anything to 147 that'll trouble spence.

I think Mikeys gonna get handled in this fight, and i just cant get behind a PPV featuring a huge welter against a natural 135 lb fighter when it all shouts to me is that its been done because

A. Mikey is being courted by Hearn
              B. Arum not helping, but showtime want to keep things in house.
              we agree. I'm a huge Mikey fan and like Spence but the fight would excite me if they had both cleaned out 147 and 140. Then it would feel like Leonard/Duran. Instead it feels like GGG/Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Yeah but he had to do that because Bob saw the writing on the wall and over paid him to stay with TR over 1 year before his contract was up.

We all want to see fights but lets not be phony-if any of us get that kind of money we'd be retreaded to turn it down.
                I would have looked at that contract then looked at Top Ranks lineup of guys at 140 and 147 and laughed as I signed that deal. Easy money. Cant hate on that but it's not gonna do him any favors with the fans as he fights nobodies the next 2 years

Comment

bu bu but bob arum is the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    pac would be crazy....but the pbc may think its just the fight they need to launch spence to a higher level...and they may even overpay pac his current market value to get it done if they think it raises spences profile to the level that it might.....

i cant help but think that may be part of the plan...pac is the perfect name/guy for them to push spence over the top......feed broner to him..make pac look legit again....and boom
                    Yeah i figured that was the plan all along for Crawfords career. Get Manny at the end of his career and give him a beating and make him a star. Now I guess Spence may reap that reward. If manny takes that fight he is nuts but if the price is right I bet he would.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      See what happens when you say people are crazy and are a cancer. They don't want to deal with you. Bob made his bed now he has to lie in it. He should've made the Crawford-Pac fight.
                      look at the excuses. aww haymon feelings hurt? gtfho!

yall remember what floyd said to pac all those years before fighting him? LOL!!!!!! but pac was scurred right?

but now with bob and haymon, bob fvvked up by saying mean things about haymon right?

Comment

Working...
                      X