Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hits harder? Canelita or Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelos power is pretty overrated but he has pop. More than Brook for sure but not by THAT much. Brook could Ko khan too and he had GGG's head snapping back multiple times.

Comment

This guy does not know SH.IT about boxing.

Canelo is better than the 95% of the fighters in the history of Argentina.

So... More respect kid.

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
      GGG was shook of Canelo punches.
      GGG had no respect for Brook punches.

IDK what this means but its just facts.
      Exactly...

GGG never respected the power of Brook like he did with Álvarez.

Comment

I have a better question Máxita:

Who is the best quitter?

Luquita Matthysse or Kell Brook?

Comment

Canelo by a mile for me. Look at how Golovkin fought each of them. He walked through everything Brook threw and kept coming. It was a street fight. He was very tentative against Canelo. It took him many rounds to open up and try to look like the Golovkin of old. He respected Canelo's power, and rightfully so. Canelo does not fully commit to many punches, but when he does, he absolutely has 1 punch KO power, and not just against Khan.

Comment

I think Canelo hits much harder than Brook with either hand to the head or body. He also has faster more accurate punches and a much better chin. They both fought GGG at 160 and the difference in the results was huge. GGG crushed Brook in less than 5 rounds and Brook's trainer stopped the fight to save Brook from a certain KO that was just a few seconds away. The trainer didn't stop the fight because of the eye injury because he already knew the eye was injured when he sent him out for the 5th round. Canelo went the distance with GGG and held his own and some think he won. Canelo is in the same class as GGG and much better than Brook. GGG had no respect for Brook's power and walked right through Brook's punches to get what would have been a KO had Brook's trainer not stopped the fight. It was obvious in GGG's fight with Canelo that he respected Canelo's punching power. Canelo would KO Brook just like GGG did in my opinion.

Comment

Brook hits hard for a WW. Canelo is average for a MW. I think Canelo does more damage with timing than his actual power. I don't remember him hurting Mayweather once because he couldn't land anything solid. He hit Mosley with everything but never really hurt him. His body shots are more damaging than punches to the head because he really commits to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                Canelo by a mile for me. Look at how Golovkin fought each of them. He walked through everything Brook threw and kept coming. It was a street fight. He was very tentative against Canelo. It took him many rounds to open up and try to look like the Golovkin of old. He respected Canelo's power, and rightfully so. Canelo does not fully commit to many punches, but when he does, he absolutely has 1 punch KO power, and not just against Khan.
                So we can agree then that Golovkin got hit against Brook because he didn't care, not because he has no defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

Canelo is better than the 95% of the fighters in the history of Argentina.
                  So what you are saying is that Canelo is better than Raul Omar Sena?

Comment

Brook's punches definitely bothered GGG way more than Canelo's punches. Brook bruised up GGG as well, and in only a few rounds. GGG looked fresh as a daisy going 12 against Canelito.

That being said Canelo does hit harder. The difference is GGG just underestimated Brook's power while he overrated Canelo's power in the early rounds. When GGG realized Canelo's power wasn't as good as he thought, he walked through everything Canelo threw.

GGG never took Brook's power seriously before or during the fight, even after Brook did some damage.

Comment

I think people are missing the point of this thread.

Golovkin takes a good punch and anyone who truly believes he was "in trouble" against Brook is a fuckin moron.

Comment

Working...
                      X