Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Tony Yoka (French super HW gold medalist working with Virgil Hunter).

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Tony Yoka (French super HW gold medalist working with Virgil Hunter).

What do yall think? How highly do you lot rate him??

He beat Joe Joyce for gold last olympics.

Many say he lost doe..

He is like 6'7" and is very athletic. Not as muscle-bound as Joshua, but more of a prototypical lean boxer build.

only watched the olympic final but that looked a pretty bad robbery to me.

Comment

He doesnt look like anything special. Probably the next audley harrison.

Comment

He has the physical attributes without a doubt. Hes quick and can throw a solid punch, he's a talented enough boxer to get to world stage in amateurs which is no joke. He's still young and has a lot of time to refine his skills. I hope in a couple years him and Joyce get to go at it.

I think he's a good prospect that gets a lot of **** because he won the Olympics when many though Joyce should've won.

Comment

A lot of Raw Potential but he is years away. I don't think he will impress anybody until it all comes together as a PRO

Only 25 years old we rarely get young Heavyweight Prospects like Yoka, Dubois, Darmani Rock and other up and coming Heavyweights. This is certainly not a division you want to rush guys along in.

Comment

thanks for the responses, my good lads!

Fair assessments of him thus fair, I believe.

Also it should be noted - he was given a one-year SUSPENDED BAN from the French boxing committee for missing FOUR drug tests over a 12-month period.

I actually made a thread about this recently - about how easy it is for olympic athletes to dope because they can miss three tests in a year time-frame without any repercussions. It is also anonymous and secret how many tests a boxer misses UNLESS they actually miss the fourth one which then results in all those tests being counted as positive, and thus punishment.

Comment

He will need to go the very slow route, he isn't ready for any of the top pros, Joyce would KO him in a pro fight.

Comment

Working...
              X